Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the full termi system for the 1200s with upmap make your dash say race on startup? I know my friend has the slip on upmap on his 821 and it says race on his dash but I am wondering if the full system says that as well.

I bought an ecu off a crashed monster 1200 that had full termis hoping the upmap was on there but the dash doesn't say anything when I turn it on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the Slip-On changes the dash to say "Race" and the full systems say "Racing".

My 1200R with slip on Termi's (with up-map) says "Racing" but there is no full system (headers are already larger anyway)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes when you first turn the ignition on it will say racing for a few seconds. It needs to be done by the dealer. The Termi systems come with a key the is required for installation. The dealer will return the key to you after they download it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sucks. I didn't get the upmap with my termis and I couldn't buy it separately so was trying to bypass it by getting an ecu w the map already unlocked on it. Guess that didn't work out.

·
Registered
681 Posts
anyone know a way to get the upmap separately?
That's like searching for a needle in a hay stack.
My dealer's tech and I tried many ways to extract a map from another bike and other keys to no avail. Ducati and Synerject locked-it down good.
However, we later found there's better than an Upmap..much much better.
Get a Rexxer flash. It will also show "RACING" when your bike's system boots-up.
You can opt to choose to disable the exhaust valve and O2 sensor or both which the Upmap for a slip-on will not do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine says “Racing Evo” for a few seconds MY17+ full termi with upmap. I installed mine and brought it to the service guy to do the tune. I did buy the exhaust from them though. If you have the upmap key, they should be able to register it to your vin and save your pre-map to the key. Then update your ECU with the new tune. Apparently Termi keeps a registered database of all upmaps to make sure people aren’t duping their tunes. I noticed a huge difference in sound and performance pre vs post upmap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the Termi Slip-On installed on my 2019 1200R and it doesn’t say anything different. Bike runs great. No stuttering or popping on decel. Is there a 58mm center pipe to be bought to do away with the flapper valve?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts