Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Ms4rs, those that have the Arrow Exhaust, how are you handling the ECU?
Can someone list EVERYTHING I need to get that Full System running on my S4rs? (Including removing that nasty utter from the bike.)
???
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
if you buy a full system the cat is necessarily going to be gone. as to what else you need, that's quasi-subjective. if you leave the airbox alone, probably nothing. if you chop the airbox and change the exhaust, you'll probably need a PCIII or Motocard with a custom map/tuning.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then, potentially, I could leave the airbox alone and just slam on a full exhaust with no ecu changes?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
i've never done it (i chopped the airbox at the same time) but yep, have been told that many a time. install the exhaust and then have it checked out to be sure.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you go to Power Commander's website - they have "maps" already developed for Arrow that you can down-load. I found their website to be very useful.

Rob

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
RobJohn3 said:
If you go to Power Commander's website - they have "maps" already developed for Arrow that you can down-load. I found their website to be very useful.

Rob
if you get a PCIII it's worth it to get a custom map.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I didn't think there was much out there for the s4rs? I didn't see a PCIII listed for it. I'm also looking to dial my bike in for a full Arrow system.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have done some research for my S4Rs and I've found, as of last week, the only solution is Termignoni because of ECU/Mapping problems with other systems. There maybe a solution down the road. I have read that some folks are running other exhaust with the stock ECU with mixed results. I couldn't stand the Singer Sewing Machine sound so I sprang for the Termi's which are to be installed next week. I want to add that I'm hardly an expert on the subject, so take this advisably.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Turns out that Factory Pro has a unit, much like the PCIII, that can piggy back on the stock ECU (so they tell me). They said that they have to do the fitment in house though. I happen to live 45 minutes from one of them in San Rafael, CA. They may have other locations.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I am going through this same setup right now.............the Arrows full system does NOT work with the stock ECU. I set mine up both with and without the oxygen sensors connected, with stock air cleaner, and it continued to run WAY lean...........pipes turning purple, backfiring through the air cleaner, stumbling at low revs, etc. I am in the process of trying to get the Ducati Performance Termi ECU to control the system and modify the air cleaner box to match. Rotten Randy has this setup and says that it runs "sweet". I'm still trying to find a dealer to sell only the ECU without the complete Termi setup..............the Arrows with Ti cans look way better!
ama

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
ama said:
I'm still trying to find a dealer to sell only the ECU without the complete Termi setup

Munroe Motors in San Francisco quoted me somewhere around $1,100 for the performance ECU.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
power commander realy needs to get to work on something for the S4RS. i live on the east coast so they are my only option. keep us updated on how these other systems work. i am going to try and have my stock ecu tunned in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
There's a company named Ultimap that makes replacement, programmable ECUs for FI Monsters. Might be easier to replace the ECU than hope for PC to deliver. Don't know where they're located (might be Australia :D)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts