Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so you peeps know, i'll be at full moon on sunday. it's gonna be the first REAL nice day so there should be several hundred bikes crowding the parking lot.

hope to see some of you crazy fools there 8)

Full Moon is on the east side of rt 41 just north of 176 in lake bluff. you can't miss it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone riding today (Saturday 17th)?

Tomorrow is rain so today is the better day.

If so, where and when?

Shyrlden

G

·
S-Dog...

You got your bike back?!

Thanks for the help Sunday Ron. I'm glad my tank didn't explode. Me and Gordon chilled for a while after you guys left and like 5 more Monsters came up. I was tired and went and hung around Hyde Park and chilled with some chicks over there. It was a nice day.

R.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Haven't gotten it back yet.

Still waiting. Hopefully anytime now.

Been riding the BMW instead. Plenty of fookin' fun eh. Modifying that too. Lots of carbon fiber. Looks pretty d**n cool.

It's tough to find you guys on the weekends. Weather is supposed to be nice but cool this upcoming weekend. I'd like to meet up with a few of you for a ride. Maybe Saturday or Sunday. Whichever is the better of the two days.

Anyone head out to Blue Moon? I think that's what it's called. On 41 right?

I was told there are a lot of cool bikes real early - like 7am.

Shyrlden

G

·
Ron and I were there, and yes it's on 41 just north of Lake Forest Hospital. As for Ducati motorcycles, there were a few monsters, however less than the amount of superbikes.
What kind of BMW do you ride? Is the dual sport? I love that bike. I want to buy one (used of course) and take it cross country.

R.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it seems like a lot of people meet up there early, grab some grub and then head out for riding. since the highland house closed down this is where all the bikers go sunday mornings. i was a little disappointed because last year at 9ish the place is packed, complete with a limo full of bikini chicks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't tease me about the bikini chicks. Are you serious?

Prince, I have an R1100S. It is the BMW race bike. It has the exhaust under the seat like a 916. Pretty bike. It will be very cool in a couple of months. I'm doing a few trick things to it. It's not the race replica but very cool with all the stuff I've done so far and it's not even done yet.

It comes stock with 98 horsepower. Mine is pushing about 104 with the aftermarket exhaust. The scary thing is that it has about 70ft lbs of torque. Not bad for a shaft drive bike eh?

I like it quite a bit. I wanted something kinda sporty to ride when I wasn't riding my Monster. I wanted it to be a touring BMW but I gave in to this thing when I saw it. It was this BMW or a 748S. I'm getting one of those next I think. Maybe next season. I want to finish tricking out this BMW and my Monster first. The only thing left to do to the Monster is to get a set of CF wheels. I've literally done everything else. I've spent ridiculous bank on this thing already but spending another 3K for wheels is tough for me to eat. The overall handling is supposed to be amazing with those CF wheels though. I don't think I'll be able to holdout doing it once I get the bike back. We'll see though. Bikes are where I like to spend my bank.

Make me happy!

Later.

Shyrlden

G

·
I find you to be a very thorough thinker. To read your descriptions inspires me. It's reminds me of myself and how comfortable the brain can be when you focus.
I've actually never took notice to the BMW race sport bikes until Sunday when I saw one at the Full Moon. I must see yours one day.

R.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts