Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is having a hard time finding a full face helmet that fits. We have been around the shops trying them on and the chin part, on most brands, touches his lips or nose, he must have a long head, from back of head to front?

And so many different sizes seem to fit, he has tried on a S to an XL and all sizes, in different brands, fit on his head snugly, but then the chin part touched or was up at his nose! :p :-/

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure we'd love to here what he has to say......... :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Try different models, even within a particular brand. I have a big schnozz and the Arai Quantuum/F practically hits me in the nose, but the Arai Renegade feel roomy and nice.

V

·
0 Posts
I had a similar problem with a AGV. I tryed a Shoei TZ1 and now I have plenty of room..

R

·
0 Posts
I have an 8 XL head. I find the Shoei and Arai fit me best. I prefer the Arai RX7rr4.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
I even found the Quantum/F and Quantum 2 >

Try different models, even within a particular brand. I have a big schnozz and the Arai Quantuum/F practically hits me in the nose, but the Arai Renegade feel roomy and nice.
fit differently. The 2 gave me a little more room in the chin/nose area.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
For me, Arai is too wide side to side or too short front to back. Shoei fits me right. My first two full-face helmets were Arai and the last five have been Shoei.

Maybe he could try a motocross helmet. They have more room for noses and chins. You have to wear goggles with them though. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Try Arai. There are three different shell shapes. They also have a new (for 2004) "crossover" helmet that looks like a Motocross helmet with a full face shield.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Arai Signet GT is the one to try on. It is Arai's "long oval" shaped helmet. I think the Quantum is the most "round" of the 3.

I also have a long (front to back) head. The Arai rep took 2 seconds to look at me and then picked up a Signet for me to try. Much better fit than my old Shoei. Decreased the wind noise as well.

Paid $399 last year for the Signet GTR in squadra black from Motorcycle Rider Supply in Michigan (they were at a local show)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I second that recommedation on the Arai Signet. I love mine. The Quantum was too snug on my forehead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts