Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a full Carbon Fiber Arrow exhaust for my 2007 Monster s2r 1000. I knew full well going in the numerous issues that could occur replacing the stock cans/midpipes on the 1000's, and to help compensate, have purchased a fatduc O2 manipulator to compensate for the low end fuel mapping problems.

I intend to in the future purchase a powercommander or rapidbike ecu and have the bike Dyno'd, but this has not happened yet.

The issue that I now run into is during moderate/hard acceleration I am getting blue flame literally shooting out of the exhaust, sometimes as much as seven inches. I have not altered the O2 manipulator to be so rich i would expect it to do this, and am unfamiliar if this would be a problem were I running too lean.

On top of this the bike is still popping more then I would like, although less then before I installed the O2 manipulator.

Sorry for the long explanation, any ideas or experience with the Fatduc O2 Manipulator? Any further ideas on how to deal with the full exhaust on the 1000's would also help, but I've seen that question posted numerous times previously.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
uh are you complaining that you're shooting flames out the back?
you're looking a gift horse in the mouth my friend.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
uh are you complaining that you're shooting flames out the back?
you're looking a gift horse in the mouth my friend.
+1, that's just cool. You should paint the bike with a Batman theme!!

All kidding aside, I had a full Arrow system on my S4RS with no manipulator or power commander and it ran great. FWIW, I've been told by a few very experienced Ducati Technicians that the power commander is a waist of money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats great but I think the 1000DS engines have a lot of problems if you throw the cat-less midpipes on them, they run too lean. Mine pops like it was bombs over baghdad and now the flame throwing is a bit too much. I'm already pissing off enough people riding a 100+ decibel exhaust through downtown LA.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Thats great but I think the 1000DS engines have a lot of problems if you throw the cat-less midpipes on them, they run too lean. Mine pops like it was bombs over baghdad and now the flame throwing is a bit too much. I'm already pissing off enough people riding a 100+ decibel exhaust through downtown LA.
What happens if you remove the FatDuc manipulator? Any difference in performance or popping?

I had the full Arrow kit on my S2R and it popped like yours, but I didn't install the manipulator. Dealer suggested PC III but could not confirm it would cure the popping so I saved my $600 ($300 for device, $300 for config) and put the utter back on with Arrow slip ons. Now it runs well with only occasional popping.

Truth is - these bikes usually run pretty good in stock trim and meddling with the air/fuel mix often leads to costly issues that really don't provide much gain. So you really gotta ask yourself - How much time, effort and $ do you want to spend for a couple HP?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts