Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Already posted this in the Maintenance forum but thought I'd check with the locals also...

I have a 2003 Monster 1000ie Dark which is hard to find parts for, and I need to replace the fuel tank. Does anyone know whether tanks from Monsters of a similar age/model/size etc would also fit, or if I need to find an exact match? Also, are there aftermarket non-Ducati options?

I have enquiries out with a number of local wreckers already, but if anyone has one in good condition (that hasn't had fuel corrode through like mine has) or knows where to find one, I'd super appreciate any info!

Thanks a mill [thumbsup]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hiya Danny,

I've also been looking into this, the ST's have larger capacity tanks which bolt on and they look pretty good too, be careful with earlier Monster tanks as you'll need a fuel pump with same PSI, also there are some GRP tanks on eBay etc but be careful as they can react with ethenol and poor fuel contaminates. If you have the cash, there's a sweet GRP tank for $500 $USD from California which is a blend of Monster and ST/2/3/4 tank which is really nice and the later generation tanks are ethanol treated, bolts on and looks great.

Cheers, Sean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts