Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old 97 has all the parts back on, I took it for a ride around the block friday and the engine ran great. Problem is it becomes fuel starved. I replaced the gas lines with aftermarket fuel line and that didn't work, I couldn't get a smooth radius without a kink. I bought fuel injected line that is reinforced and that solved that problem. I had to prime the carbs first friday, today (sat.) the bike fired right up but stalled out and wouldn't start again. I opened the gas cap and holy s**t talk about vacuum. Question- is the fuel pump creating the vacuum due to another constriction I missed or is the fuel cap not venting proprly and how do you clear it? Thanks

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
do you have the regular vent line on the tank's bottom clear and free??

the pump itself doesn't really pump all that hard like an FI pump...

something to consider, when I last cut into one of my fuel lines, I found that there was a sort of spring or set of coils in the line to prevent it from collapsing on itself, might be a good solution for you, but I would definitely check the vent line first, common to have that line kink if you pull the tank up

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I just ran into an SS tank that had the vent in the cap clogged, or restricted in some way so when the fuel and air inside contracted due to the cold the top of the tank collapsed.
Just another item to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts