Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I really need some help!

I have a 2000 M750 that I've had sitting indoors for two years (I know, what a sin) and I'm having trouble getting her back to life.
The gas had gone a bit bad (avoidable I know) so I drained the tank and put fresh fuel in. Checked the plugs, and the battery has been on a tender and is nice and fresh. No dice, if I spay starter fluid or dribble gas into the carbs she'll start like a champ and then quickly die from fuel starvation.
I checked the lines and they all look good and I get gas gingerly dribbling out of the float bowl drain plugs when I open them so I don't think there's a blockage.
Please help!!!
The factory service manual is vague and mostly in Italian. I have basic tools and common sense but not a lot of money for the high prices that NYC motorcycle shops charge to scratch their heads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

She had a stage one jet kit put in shortly before the bike went into hibernation and only a few tasteful mods but is otherwise pretty stock and very low miles (less than 6k).
I'm located in Brooklyn if that has any relevance.
Thanks in advance. This forum has been a life saver and source of guilty pleasure for a long time for me.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I think its clear from what you describe that its the carbs, and probably they are gummed up.

This suggests all the jets etc need removing and the airways blown out with compressed air. Remove diaphragm first though!. Failing that I suggest you get the carbs professionally cleaned.

·
Registered
197 Posts
what do your spark plugs look like?
they will tell you what you need to know if it's not purely a carb clean job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts