Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick re-cap:

I was having problems with my '00 M900ie not starting. I noticed the fuel pump wasn't priming/initializing when the key was inserted and power was turned on. I pulled the pump from inside the tank and put it on the bench. I applied 12v DC power in both polarities but had no success either way.

So before I spring $200+ on a new one, I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. Can I safely assume it's dead if it won't respond to (defibrillator) direct power? If it's dead, is there a rebuild kit that I might be able to fix it with? Any final suggestions at all that might help me?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Quick re-cap:

So before I spring $200+ on a new one, I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing. Can I safely assume it's dead if it won't respond to (defibrillator) direct power? If it's dead, is there a rebuild kit that I might be able to fix it with? Any final suggestions at all that might help me?

Thanks!!
Did you try banging it a bit to see if it just has some stuck kaka clogging it?

Call up BCM and ask if there is a cheaper than OEM replacement part. I replaced my 851's fuel pump with a $100 napa part (early 90's 5.0 mustang).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Kevin. I emailed Susie a little while ago and we'll see if they can help. I sure hope so because that would be great if it did fit. Although I looked at the fp from an M900ie and other Ducs and there's deffinitely a difference.

Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Verify that you have power to the pump connector

Testing it on the bench and it failing is a bad sign but it doesnt hurt to be exact and make sure its getting power from the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts