Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 monster 620 dark, only owner 9k miles.  Its been in the shop for a month because 1 cylinder has been mysteriously dropping out randomly.  They finally diagnosed that it was the injector and it needs to be replaced.

Two questions:

1. Is this a problem any of you have run into?

2. Anyone know the tech specs for the injector so i can buy a cheap aftermarket? Or know where i can purchase a cheap 1?

Thanks

[edit]I used the search and didn't find anything related[edit]

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
1. I don't recall anyone having an injector go bad.

2. No idea on specs or where to get a cheap one.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Pakhan said:
I have an 03 monster 620 dark, only owner 9k miles. Its been in the shop for a month because 1 cylinder has been mysteriously dropping out randomly. They finally diagnosed that it was the injector and it needs to be replaced.

2. Anyone know the tech specs for the injector so i can buy a cheap aftermarket? Or know where i can purchase a cheap 1?

Thanks

[edit]I used the searchde and didn't find anything related[edit]

Luck to you. I have looked for aftermarket units to no avail. The stock ones from Ducati are just about $520 :eek:

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ducman851 said:
Luck to you. I have looked for aftermarket units to no avail. The stock ones from Ducati are just about $520 :eek:
yea i know, and Ducati's website doesnt give specs on the injector. if i find out the specs will post and post the after market i get.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Had an injector go bad earlier this year, at about 13,000 miles. The problem was a really vexing one and it took a bit of time to diagnose (we originally thought it was the FIM ECU going bad). The injector ended up being rebuilt rather than replaced; cheaper than new, but still a pricey proposition. If you have a good mechanic locally, this might be another viable option.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Pakhan said:
yea i know, and Ducati's website doesnt give specs on the injector. if i find out the specs will post and post the after market i get.
Thats why I have bought several sets of throttle bodies on ebay, Its nice to have the spares.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SPDUC said:
Had an injector go bad earlier this year, at about 13,000 miles. The problem was a really vexing one and it took a bit of time to diagnose (we originally thought it was the FIM ECU going bad). The injector ended up being rebuilt rather than replaced; cheaper than new, but still a pricey proposition. If you have a good mechanic locally, this might be another viable option.
they also thought it was an ECU issue during diagnosis. i will ask if they can rebuild it. how much did your rebuild cost? thanks for your response.

brad black said:
webcon in the uk. you need to know what yours is tho. it's probably a iwp043.
ty i will definately check them out

ducman851 said:
Thats why I have bought several sets of throttle bodies on ebay, Its nice to have the spares.
california cyclworks told me to ask you if you had any used injectors :)
so got any for sale?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Pakhan said:
they also thought it was an ECU issue during diagnosis. i will ask if they can rebuild it. how much did your rebuild cost? thanks for your response.
The rebuild cost was $100, but the initial trouble shooting added about $85 (time spent on dyno, rechecking the ECU map, etc.)

Good luck, hope your injector problem gets resolved!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts