Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Monster 750S i.e. and recently purchased a pair of Leo Vince hi-mount exhausts. The problem is on the right side of the bike where there's the fuel infeed that's connected to the rearset (it's covered by an aluminum guard or something). Not all Monsters have this. When I try to mount the hi-pipe, it hits it and seems like there's not enough room to make everything fit.

Has anybody encountered this problem and has a solution or suggestion? Anything is appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
Re: Fuel Infeed in the way of a hi-mount exhaust p

Hate to sound like I'm at a strip club... but "take it off....Take it Off...TAKE IT OFF" Remove the canister and aluminum cover... follow ducati suite instructions.. or there is a pretty good thread on here with some decent advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Ducati Suite Instructions? Where do I find that? I don't think I can just remove it. Can't find any threads on here about the fuel infeed though. :-/

G

·

hey dude,
just to clarify, it's not a "fuel infeed". it's actually an emissions control unit. the cannister is filled with charcoal and filters gasoline vapors from your throttle bodies and gas tank.
the instructions referred to are here:

http://www.ducatisuite.com/emissions.html

but wait... that's not what the stuff looks like on your bike, is it? sorry, but the info on ducatisuite.com has to do with an earlier year monster.

check out:
http://www.ducatipipemod.com/s4/mods/desmog

for some info, and follow the link at the bottom of the page for some pic-by-pic instructions:
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jerseyjeffshinn/lst?.dir=/carbon+can+removal&.view=t

if you want, you can substitute the M5 bolts and silicone mentioned on the ducatisuite site for the vacuum caps in the photoalbum mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts

Just as a clarification... on DucatiSuite's website he removes the emmissions control for the crank case, but that is not necessary. You can just remove the carbon can.

G

·

I say go all the way take it all off.. then turn your rectifier upside down and let it breathe!

Get down to the bare neccesities!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I called a few shops and some suggested to just remove it also. I referred to it as the fuel infeed cause that's what's on the manual that I saw last night. Anyways, GP Motorcycles in San Diego (great shop and where I got my bike) said to just remove it and follow the hoses and plug them holes closed. ;D

G

·

that that can is way ugly, remove it! I did the same thing with my 2k2 750D and its a big improvement. Just follow the web instructions. I posted a reply in a thread listing what I did too.

It takes a few minutes to trace everything down and figure out what to keep and what to remove. To keep your right side rear set straight take that bracket off and pop over to HomeDepot or Lowes or any decent hardware store. Find some aluminum washers of the same thickness as the bracket and about the same diameter as the rubber washers/spacers on the rearset. I used 1/2 inch washers.

Also you can pick up some vaccuum plugs at a auto store to plug the fittings on the throttle bodys. Just reuse the clamps that the hoses from the cannister used. No need to get exotic unless you want.

Total cost for me was like $3 and an hours worth of time (including trips to the stores).

G

·

Look up Valileo. He has the same bike and installed the same pipes himself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts