Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,
I might be moving down there over the summer (it's still too early to tell though). How's the night life/social atmosphere around there? I know Ft. Bragg's huge and 90% of Fayetteville is Army. How close is it to other M-ROCers?

I've only seen 2 apartment complexes that come with garages. So, I'd hope to get into one of those. How's the mosquito issue? Living in DC, they run rampant up here. What's the weather like year round?

Gracias.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
About an hour and a half from Chapel Hill.

As far as the nightlife, I think you'd be disappointed compared to Alexandria but that's just a guess. I've never really gone out in Fayetteville.

The mosquitoes are probably a little bit worse than they are up here since it's closer to the coast but that doesn't really mean much. We have next to zero mosquitoes here.

If you end up down here we'd be more than proud to call you an M-ROCer. [thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rameses said:
About an hour and a half from Chapel Hill.

As far as the nightlife, I think you'd be disappointed compared to Alexandria but that's just a guess. I've never really gone out in Fayetteville.

The mosquitoes are probably a little bit worse than they are up here since it's closer to the coast but that doesn't really mean much. We have next to zero mosquitoes here.

If you end up down here we'd be more than proud to call you an M-ROCer. [thumbsup]
90 minutes isn't bad. I figured the night life would be a lot less active than up here. But, what can you do? I'd be happy with a local bar without too much worry.

Aww.. shucks.. I already got a shirt.

Another option I was looking at was buying an old hangar out at Fayette regional and converting it into a loft with a really big garage. But, that's a remote pipe dream of a possibility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Another option I was looking at was buying an old hangar out at Fayette regional and converting it into a loft with a really big garage. But, that's a remote pipe dream of a possibility.
I was actually just talking about that the other day.

I'd love to have an old warehouse with a living space built in one corner.

Somehow I doubt chicks would dig that but it'd be worth it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rameses said:
I was actually just talking about that the other day.

I'd love to have an old warehouse with a living space built in one corner.

Somehow I doubt chicks would dig that but it'd be worth it.
Sally loves the idea. Loves the hangar idea and the loft above idea. So, if you see any warehouse/hangars between our 2 places, you let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Sally loves the idea. Loves the hangar idea and the loft above idea. So, if you see any warehouse/hangars between our 2 places, you let me know.
I'll keep my eyes out for ya.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
612 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
schweet. [thumbsup]
And don't forget, if you buy something in NC, I have my real estate license so (if you buy listed property) at least let me refer you to someone so that I can get a referral fee. I'll buy you and Sally dinner and some drinks. [thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jobu said:
And don't forget, if you buy something in NC, I have my real estate license so (if you buy listed property) at least let me refer you to someone so that I can get a referral fee. I'll buy you and Sally dinner and some drinks. [thumbsup]
Well then, I'll let you know. When/if I get confirmation, I'll let you find me that hangar I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rameses said:
That would involve him waking up before 4pm on a daily basis. [laugh]
Nahh, he's got plenty of time... I'd be moving in May.

Hey, are there good roads round Fayetteville? Or anywhere round those parts? Or, should I start looking for a dualsport?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,105 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Nahh, he's got plenty of time... I'd be moving in May.

Hey, are there good roads round Fayetteville? Or anywhere round those parts? Or, should I start looking for a dualsport?
No idea.

Send a PM to TCharles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
Then a PM prolly wouldn't do much good...
Other than send him an email that tells him he has a PM ;) then he will remember this place.... unless he is still roaming around VIR in a drunken haze!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22 Posts
Wow, VIR is awesome! Kidding, Ive been lurking, just didn't sign on.

About riding down here, I often ride north meandering towards Jordan Lake with no specific route. There are some decent roads but not like further north or west. There is only one other monster rider down here that I know of, bostuart, he may have additional info, he has been here longer than me.

I'm not much on night life here but there is a local brewery that is good - The Mash House.

Uroplatus, you have any more shirts left?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top