Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Up for sale is my Ohlins top mount steering damper. It came with the bike and I had it on for one season. But it gets in the way of working on the bike (I have to take it off to take the gas tank off each time) and I am not talented enough to see a tangible benefit from it.

Good: It's a cool gold color with Ohlins brightly displayed on the top. Top mount with black powder coated holding arms.

Bad: I had the adjustor screw on too tight for a few miles and the holding arm rubbed against the cylinder causing a minor scratch (see picture) before I rectified my error. Purely cosmetic, doesn't affect function.

$275 shipped to anywhere in Con US. Paypal accepted. I am in Boston, if you want to come pick-up.

Pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/xxaarraa/Ohlins?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ6ziovxsIe5jwE&feat=directlink

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it off my 07 S2R1000. I would think it would fit a variety of Ducatis, but not sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It should fit S4Rs. I am not sure why the comment "this is not an Ohlins" was made. The part number that is printed on there is 4401. It is made of high quality aluminum and the brackets are powder coated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can guarentee that is not an Ohlins steering damper. All Ohlins are adjustable, this is not. Just want to make sure you do not misrepresent. You may have been misinformed yourself. In fact try to look up Ohlins 4401 or call them. Sorry, but I just cannot stand some BS, even if unintentional.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry, it looks like a stock damper off early 2000's bikes with an ohlins sticker on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes i did some research and called ohlin. Ohlin never made top mounted damper for the monster. this looks like a ohlin sticker on a stock damper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts