Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flawless original example, one adult owner, 14600mi, never raced (I have a 996 racebike) dropped or even scratched, professionally painted and cleared numberplates on tail with gold hand-painted borders and OE "Campione del mondo Superbike" decals, Ohlins shock, Ohlins steering damper, Arrow carbon slip-ons, FIM chip, Yoyodyne clutch slave, Nichols billet breather, AFAM 520 quick-change conversion, new master cylinder, newer front rotors & Ferodo pads, stainless brake & clutch lines, newer clutch pack, carbon chin fairing with oil cooler screen, new Dunlop 208 Qualifiers, LED signals in mirrors (front) and behind vents (rear). All maintenance has been done way ahead of schedule, and has always had Golden Spectro 20W-50 in the crankcase with only Ducati oil filters. This is a rare first-year 916 with all the upgrades, that runs and looks absolutely perfect. I originally intended to keep it forever, but I'm finding out my Multistrada makes a much better streetbike for a 40-year-old poser. Please note that the bike comes with an original MSO, and has never been titled. Photos at http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o280/sailwa66/916/ Does not include stand shown in photos. $8000 firm. Will consider trade for MH900e... or maybe a less-expensive Monster. Bike is located near South Bend, IN. TD Graham 574.252.6319 [email protected]

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Re: FS: 1995 916 - mint/one owner

Holy grail of Ducatis right here... Bonus is that these pre-96 models aren't afflicted with the infamous rocker arm problems.

Beautiful example! Good luck with the sale!

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

this has got to be the best 916 ever! Why do all the good bikes go for sale when I dont have all the $?????? :'( Good luck with the sale. LUKE

·
Premium Member
61 Posts

sailwa66 said:
but I'm finding out my Multistrada makes a much better streetbike for a 40-year-old poser.
Musta been the wife that ran that rear tire to the edge [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [clap] [clap]

·
Banned
1,800 Posts

Interested in a 2000 M900i.e. and cash??!!

I am so sporting...er nevermind. Let's just say I like this bike.

Ryan

·
Registered
541 Posts

02' 620 and my soul?

One hell of a nice bike man, good luck.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts

now i have to rob another bank. sheesh. will it never end? seriously gorgeous bike. i've always lusted after the original 916s. good luck with the sale, really wish i could take it off your hands.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

Mm-kay. Between my bonus check and payraise, I might be able to swing this. Screw paying the student loans off early: how many times in your life do you have a shot at a nearly perfect original 916? >:D

Gonna go talk to the bank and see what's up. I'm probably just shy of being able to pull this off, but dayam, with how this bike looks, I gotta try. If you hear from me again, then the money situation may be looking good. If not, I'm probably crying myself to sleep. :'(

Good luck with the sale. Bump!

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts

Nice bike!

LOL duc_fan.
Never give up... you'll get there all in good time...

·
Registered
3,276 Posts

Hey TD, is this beauty still available? What's the scoop on the MSO? I guess I don't understand why it was never titled. I'm a little concerned about trying to get a title in Iowa (I wouldn't be the original owner, the MSO is really old, out-of-state, etc). Also, how'd you accrue 14600 miles without a title? Track days? Temporary tags? (Sorry if these are dumb questions, I've just never dealt with a non-titled used vehicle before)

Would you be willing to title the bike in Indiana then do a "normal" title transfer?

You also mention all maintenance ahead of schedule, and the bike's currently sitting with 14600mi. When was the 12k service done (months/years/miles)? I'm just wondering how many miles and/or how much time it has to go before hitting the next 6000-mile interval (I'm anal about keeping my stuff up-to-snuff; even if no mileage is accrued, age can afflict mechanical stuff in a bad way). Also, do you have all the OEM parts (including the bracket to mount the lic plate on)?

My financial situation *may* be looking good, and a 1995/96 916 with pre-TPG graphics in mint condition would be desirable. If the bike's history is all in order, and the title/MSO paperwork can be worked out, then all I'd have to do is come take a look in person and figure out how to get it back to Cedar Rapids.

***(UPDATE: nvm, got the e-mail, this baby was SOLD)***

1 - 12 of 12 Posts