Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put new tires on the S4, and looks like I am missing a spacer on the front wheel. Sitting in front of the bike, on the right side of the axle I have a collar/spacer (shaped like film canister with both ends open) but where that collar goes against the wheel, there is a silver dollar size space that looks like it accepts another collar/spacer of some sort. Did I lose the thing in 1 day? I put it all back together and the everything works like it should? If someone knows or wouldn't mind taking a peek at their front end, I would appreciate it. The dealer is a bit of a drive to steal a look.

Also I thought I have seen a site or web pate that has various torque specs, does this sound familiar to anyone??? I know, I know go get a shop manual you cheap [email protected] ;D
TIA

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 748-998 has a thin spacer between the speedo pick-up flange and the wheel I believe. If you don't have that the rotors will not line up correctly.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the '02 has a spacer as moto's describing. the '01 doesn't as the area's occupied by the speedo drive pickup. you can confirm this by looking at the parts sheet. it's referred to as a "seal ring" and looks like a large bore washer.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I went ahead and rode the bike without the washer. I think it is primarily a dust seal. the wheel is straight and spins in the forks ok. I hate losing sh!t. Maybe one of the dogs buried it :mad: 7 $'s by tuesday for a new one.
I didn't know about the parts catalogue from DNA, and I found a sheet with torque specs. Everything is in bars and NM's . For what its worth if anyone is interested I found a couple sites that have decent conversion sheets. Yup I was bored at work last night.
www.chromatography.co.uk/TECHNIQS/Other/Pressure.htm
www.ravensblade-impreza.com/techdocs/torque.html

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
BTW, vincentS4, what kind of tires did you get, and how do you like 'em so far?

This site is pretty good on conversions too:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine are the tires that say bad motherf*cker, oh wait wrong question. Got me them fancy metzler M1 sportecs, big step up from the sportmax that came stock. Been wanting to get new tires, had a blow out the other day. Figured that was good enough reason ;D
I haven't really done much with them, after Strati's unfortunate inagural run I'm gonna take it easy first few miles. They seem alot stickier than the sportecs though, I used to slide through turns alot doesn't seem that way yet. 338$ for front and rear with the wheels off the bike.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Your '02 S4 came with Dunlop Sportmaxes?

Mine came with Pirelli Dragon Evos. Liked 'em so much I got some Diablos when the Evos wore out. Real happy with 'em. The Diablos turn in a little easier than than the Evos. Not particularly what I was after, but it's OK now that I'm used to it.

Know how you feel on the new tires, I got mine just after about half a dozen folks here on the DML went down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts