Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if I piss anyone off with an old question. I'm in the process of swapping out my 20mm front wheel with a 25 mm front wheel, but do not want the fork swap at this time. So was wondering if any one had success with this mod. I have tried getting my hands on a spacer that measures 25mm OD, 20mm ID and 105mm, this way the 20mm axle will slide right through along with a 2mm spacer on right side of axle to act as a stopper. But no luck locating or machining one. any suggestions would help. thanks.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris, it's a 95 monster M900. I am going to try and saw off a 25mm axle, and use that as a spacer. The 25mm axle has a ID of 20.4mm if I'm not mistaken, this way the 20mm should slide right on through. i have all this worked out in my head. Cut the 25mm Axel to 105mm in length, apply ample lube, poke it through, pop a cir clip on the right side to act as a spacer so the wheel does not slide to the right. It should work like a charm. OR NOT????

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Check that brakes & wheels don`t get misaligned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.