Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y’all I’m really sorry but i don’t quite
Automotive tire Gear Bicycle part Rim Automotive wheel system
get exactly what the sprocket retaining plate is supposed to be doing. I pulled the cover to get easier access to my swingarm pivot and apparently the sprocket just slides right off without unbolting the cover? This seems pretty odd to me. How on earth is the bike intended to operate safely in this way? Seems like it could work it’s way away from the motor and or towards it and do terrible things. I’m embarrassed to ask but am pretty new to this whole scene… thanks-

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Looks like the one you have is completely worn out. The plate would have teeth that, once bolted to the pinion, the plate would rotate slightly in the groove of the output shaft and the teeth would prevent the pinion from sliding in or out.
You probably don't t have the right pinion and therefore, for it to align to the rear sprocket it needs to be too far in, making it impossible to fit the plate correctly

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also… went back to the stock spec pinion and up three teeth in the rear sprocket. Hope i dont loose too much torque but id rather have things line up correctly. Thanks for being such a great resource. I live in western North Carolina, USA, and would like to connect with other duc owners and ride from time to time. Any recommendations for community in this area? I am halfway between the parkway and hw64 on us215 in balsam grove community

1 - 6 of 6 Posts