Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black aluminum front sprocket cover off my '01 750 Monster. Good shape, no damage. It won't fit my '02 S4 (4 valve), and it bolts up to my '98 750, so I'm assuming it fits all 2-valve engines. Do double check w/ your dealer for fitment. No returns unless I forgot to disclose something. any questions ???, feel free to ask! 30.00 bucks shipped within the USA.
thanks, Harry

****I have an update to this...It DOES fit my S4, but the chain rubs on the inside. The difference is the chain width. My S4 has a 525 chain which is wider than than my 520 chain on my ' 98 750 or my '01 750. Soooooo if you have a monster without a 525 chain, it will fit. I have a Ducati accessory catalog and the cover they have fits all models. So I gather it fits all engines without the 525 chain.
Here is a pic of a bike with the same sprocket cover (the one I have is black)

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Re: Front sprocket cover for two valve engines

No mean to threadjack here but, do you own all these cars in your sig ??? I mean WOW, that's a lot !! (Nice cover btw)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Front sprocket cover for two valve engines

yes fortunately for me, unfortunate for my wife(that's what she says). I used to work as a technician at the Volvo/Jaguar dealer and being a mechanic, I run across deals all the time (trade-ins,cars owners don't wanna fix). Unfortunately my accident occured two years ago so now I'm a dealer. You wanna buy a 88 Conquest TSI Turbo? beautiful one owner and non-molested. [thumbsup]. It gives me more time to ride when weather permits here in lovely Michigan.
Harry

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Front sprocket cover for Monsters

It will fit your 900, as long as it does not have a 525 chain. thanks for inquiring.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Front sprocket cover for Monsters

I suppose you could put a small washer or spacer behind the cover
MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts