Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least two or three of you know the story already. I totalled my Duc almost 2 weeks ago by lowsiding into a pickup truck in the opposing lane. Clutch side fork is destroyed at the top, between the upper and lower triple clamps. Triple tree looks fine. Tank is beat all to heck. And the front brake from handle to caliper and disk are destroyed on the brake side. The rest is just small stuff.

I haven't done any work to the bike myself, but I'm a quick learner. The bike is an insurance buy back and I want to get it running as quickly as possible so I can get in another accident. (just kidding)

I have a '03 800Sie. Does anyone know what parts of other bikes this bike is compatible with? Anyone know a good source where I can find the part numbers on-line? And what are good options and parts that I should rebuild with? Any books that you would recommend? Thanks for your help and advice.

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
NUmber one, I recommend you have your frame looked at if you really want to rebuild it. Number two, I recommend parting it out and selling it then buying a used one that doesn't have a salvage title. You will make money on the parting out (unless you paid too much for it) and with that money plus your insurance money, you can buy one hell of a bike. People don't buy bikes with salvage titles no matter how nice they are unless they are going to race them and I highly doubt anyone will be racing your 800... Just my 2 cents, but I think it's worth more ;D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Part #s are all in the Parts catalogs here: http://www.ducati.com/bikes/service/parts/2003.jhtml?family=service&node=parts&modelName=2003

You can compare part #s between models to assure they will work.

You're looking at a spendy repair. You can get an idea of what used parts sell for by watching e-bay. There area a couple "vendors" that usually have a selection of "buy it now" Duc parts on e-bay too.

Also: http://woundedduc.net/home.html might have something for you.

Like Daryl says you might be money ahead to part it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts