Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I don't think the side view is it's best one, but I like it (it's better from the other angles). Are your bars stock height or raised?

For going more cruiser/touring with the look and function it's cool. I'm going the exact opposite with mine and going lower and sportier.

What's involved with powering the extra lights?

How bright?

Chris

·
Registered
616 Posts
its different, its starting to look like a Harley ???

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bars are raised 1.25", for comfort. Powering the lights are easy, I wired them to the low beam, so they go off when the high beam is on. I made a lower cowling for under the light.....but after many attempts to paint it, (I'm a good fabricator, bad painter)......I gave up and installed the lights. I may go back to my original idea of mounting the lights on the frame just above the radiator, and have the lower cowling professionally painted,(antone know a good painter). The headlight and fairing was moved 4" forward and 2" down, with a with a touring windshield.

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
chopperbill said:
I hope with pics......what do you think?
I see one pic, and me no likey. looks like a truck. I agree with cyclopes, I think it looks like it needs a big tall highway windshield and big crashbars and will look like a big dresser. I don't think it's the extra lights but the fact that they come out soo far in the front that they ruin the lines of the bike and makes it look too busy, too many brackets, looks like it's not finished and needs to be cleaned up. But it's not my opinion that matters, only your's counts. If it works for you who cares. ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
0 Posts
www.cyclefinish.net

They are in Menlo Park, ca

I see that your profile says that you are in northern Cali, I'd go with Bobby Kieth at cyclefinish, he comes highly recommended by a lot of the local riders here.

·
Registered
616 Posts
tht does look pretty neat, but i was thinkin more in teh middle.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Industrial_Grrrl said:
like Revv-Monster's

(yeah Revv, I gotta pimp your bike out, Happy New Year!!)
Well, I'm not trying to look like another bike,,,,,plus I wouldn't mount lights on the lower fork, it will add unsprung weight. I would rather build my own stuff, anyone can just go buy some kit and bolt it on. It's not easy being innovative. Even if my first ideas are persieved to suck.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
chopperbill said:
It's not easy being innovative. Even if my first ideas are persieved to suck.

Sorry CB! I wasn't insinuating that the lighting sucked with my comments.

In the pic looking straight on..it looks like an H-D.

·
Registered
384 Posts
how cool would it be to mount those pods like on Revv-Monsters bike where the turn signals are, and then insert a small, bright yellow LED into the lense with it. and wire it for both brights and a turn signal?!?!!? hmmmmm

NEW PROJECT!!

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Bill,

PM me a pic of what you need painted and we'll work something out. [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts