Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm trying to replace my front brake light switch. Can't seem to find it anywere in DC area. I got a part from one place but it turns out to be rear brake switch. My local bike shop has no clue and so does all of the places I talked to. I asked this one website and they gave me the part: #SKU 110.4418.13. website: http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=110.4418.13
Anyone know if this is the correct part for 2000 Monster 750?

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. New to post and almost new Monster owner. Layed the the first one (new when I bought it 2005 620) and totaled it after hitting a pothole going around 50 mph. Had it for only 3 months. Now I bought a used one and have to replace brake switch to pass inspection. Funny thing is there is a small dent on the front rim and wobles a little when going passed 40mph and gradley wobles more when going faster. They didn't hit on that. I have to get new rims also....they are expensive.
Another question, does any front Monster rim fit others? I'm looking to get something used.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
New OEM wheels are ridiculously expensive. There are two axle sizes, 20 & 25 mm. The 25 mm is the hollow axle. I believe the change happened in 2000. As long as the axle sizes are the same front wheel will fit, excluding new superbikes and Multi Stradas. You might also think about getting your wheel straightened if it is not fubar. I've used these guys with excellent results:
http://www.mcwheel.com
They do not paint though.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I bought a used set of 900SS rims off eBay for $300. They weren't beautiful, but they were true and included the rotors, sprocket and cush drive.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
ducati620v - Where in DC are you? Duc Pond in Winchester VA is a Duc only shop and will have no problems helping you out.

If you want something closer to home (DC) the parts guys at Colemans Falls Church should be able to sort you out. They have all the schematics on a computer and you can go look for all the little widgets you might need. Same for Colemans Woodbridge.

Regarding your wheels - look on the parts section here and Ebay. The 3 spoke type that is stock for your bike shouldn't be too hard to get for a price way below the OEM price. As mentioned above, sometimes you can even get ones w/ all the small parts already in place.

Last but not least - check out CAM - it's the D.C. area group section of the board.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts