Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2003 Monster 620 i.e. Dark with only 1500 miles on it, for the last four years it has basically only be ridden about 300 miles a year. When I apply the front brake there is a pulsing in the lever and the front wheel feels as if it is suddenly going over a really bumpy road. Also there is a lot of front end dive. Do you think the brake pads have become glazed over, degraded, or are worn unevenly and this is what is causing the problem? Also the previous owner had the suspension and ride height adjusted to be lower (no aftermarket parts of any thing, just what is possible stock), could this be a contributing factor. Are the front forks of the Monster 620 even adjustable? I am taking it to the Ducati dealer this Friday for an inspection and just want to come in there with some idea of what might be wrong. This is my second Monster and I remember the front brake being grabby, but not like this; it feels as if it is gripping then slipping, gripping and then slipping. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
your rotors could be warped, but i would suspect glazed pads as well.
should be able to clean the rotors with a scotchbrite pad (or one of the tools for this)
and put new pads on.
forks not adjustable, except preload
jeff h
monsterparts.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts