Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking a set of low-mount pipes for my Monster - if I can get a good price.
However, I've always liked the way high-mount pipes look.
My question is: can low-mount pipes be mounted high? I know you would have to get the appropriate connector pipes, mounting brackets, etc... But is it an option?
Has anyone done something like this? Low to high, or vice-versa?

Thanx,

madcap

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
IMO, it ain't worth your time converting low mount pipes to high mounts...unless you've got access to a welder, pipe bender, pipes and have the gall to rip apart some brand new low mounts you just bought...yaaa mean?

save yourself the aggravation, just get some high mounts. if you see low mounts that you like, more than likely they make them in high versions too...

H

·
0 Posts
I'm thinking about picking a set of low-mount pipes for my Monster - if I can get a good price.
However, I've always liked the way high-mount pipes look.
My question is: can low-mount pipes be mounted high? I know you would have to get the appropriate connector pipes, mounting brackets, etc... But is it an option?
Has anyone done something like this? Low to high, or vice-versa?

Thanx,

madcap

What brand of low mounts do you have? I'm thinking about going from high to low, just so I can use soft sadle bags for trips. Mabey a trade?

Just a thought...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is I can't really afford retail pipes right now...but I have an opportunity to pick up some nice DP low pipes, at a great price. Since I've seen the connector pipes sold separately on some websites, I was wondering if it was possible to convert them down the road.

I have yet to install aftermarket pipes my self, but every ad I see shows the cans and connector pipes separately. I guess I was wondering if the conversion could be done without welding and stuff.

m

H

·
0 Posts
In addition to welding, you'll also need to space out the rear sets for tubing clearance.(about 10mm)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts