Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so who is riding tonight? they say no showers until late! this will be the first time in a week i'll get to go out for a little ride. so frustrating. winter is going to be hell :-/

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
know what you mean

There's no way I'm going to get enough riding in this summer to hold me over a long winter! This weaher pretty much sucks.

We'd better have an awesome September and October to make up for June and August!

Obviously, I'm not riding. I'm sitting here at the computer.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Well, that's the funny part. We haven't really done one yet! Don and a buddy of his have done the ride, but we haven't had any planned groups work out yet.

It can be whatever the group would like. There's plenty of road and if we stop in Portsmouth afterwards there's plenty there to keep us occupied well into the nite as well. I guess I want the ride to be flexible so people will go rather than a rigid, set thing that people may get intimidated by-as in "Man, I can't stay out til midnight every Tuesday so I guess I won't ride..." If we get together, we can meet somewhere decide on what we want to do and have some fun-very low key.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Brian and I have done it a couple of times. Last time I think we left his house (Newton NH or something like that) about 8 and I got home (northNorthnortheast MA) at midnight. So we started some way from Hampton. The actual Hampton-Portsmouth run is considerbly shorter (too short for my tastes, I need to tack some more on).

We took the long fun way in both directions. Anyone could get home earlier by shooting directly back. Even more time can be shaved by just hanging a few minutes and bailing soon after.

We had a liesurely dinner at a brick-oven pizza joint in Portsmouth.

The place right downtown where all the bikes park is >98% cruisers. We could try to squeeze in there and shift the balance or else just find our own place around the corner somewhere.

I'm going to be on vacation next week so I'm not in for next Tuesday. Today clearly sucks.

I'm thinking of MotoMkt Thursday if I have work pretty well buttoned up by then. Weather should be good and after weeks of rain, turnout will probably be very good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts