Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the Desmoclan site, thought I'd repeat it here. I got the idea from a post on Ducati.MS and tried it on my 916, it works really, really well. Sounds fantastic - And it's free!

"You see them all the time - neat clutch covers over the Ducati dry clutch to show off our spinning jewelry and unleash the wonderful kerchinka-kerchinka clatter. However, running an open or carbon fibre cover is not going to help much in a tip over or accident - even a minor spill can destroy your clutch pack and leave you stranded even if there is no other mechanical damage.

So how do you release the noise without endangering the clutch pack? It

·
Registered
103 Posts
the post is broke. or perhaps he was tired and in mid type fell asleep, hands slipped around moving the mouse over the Post button, then head slammed down on the mouse and clicked the button

·
Registered
616 Posts
Scrufdog said:
the post is broke. or perhaps he was tired and in mid type fell asleep, hands slipped around moving the mouse over the Post button, then head slammed down on the mouse and clicked the button
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [clap]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Give the guy a break [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

There are several sturdy aftermarket billet covers out there. CycleCat and SpeedyMoto are two examples. Go browsing through our sponsor's catalogues for ideas.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think this is what he was trying to say [thumbsup]

You see them all the time - neat clutch covers over the Ducati dry clutch to show off our spinning jewelry and unleash the wonderful kerchinka-kerchinka clatter. However, running an open or carbon fibre cover is not going to help much in a tip over or accident - even a minor spill can destroy your clutch pack and leave you stranded even if there is no other mechanical damage.

So how do you release the noise without endangering the clutch pack? It

·
Registered
616 Posts
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hahaha

It happens when there is an apostrophe in the paste, something wrong with the posting.

Tip 2 was that you can flip your friction plates over and get extra mileage out of the clutch pack.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
if you're too lazy to check out the link, the tip was to pull off the brass spacers in the rubber gasket behind the stock cover , throw out the rubber and reinstall the cover with the spacers only. This would leave a gap between the cover to let out the sweet Ducati music [thumbsup]
Harry

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
if you're too lazy to check out the link, the tip was to pull off the brass spacers in the rubber gasket behind the stock cover , throw out the rubber and reinstall the cover with the spacers only. This would leave a gap between the cover to let out the sweet Ducati music [thumbsup]
Harry
I did that about 1K miles ago.

It's sex without an orgasm. [cheeky]

Seriously, it's not satisfying. I'm stuck at what cover to get at this point. It's kill'n me.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Newer models have sound-deadening covers which doesn't help any.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My free clutch mod..... I had the black spray paint laying around, so I still consider the mod free.

I'd like to get a new pressure plate and springs now, to make it look better.

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
another free clutch modification, wich is used by Ducati themselves on their race bikes, is to remove two springs.

have a try, it's much easier on the fingers on all models without a radial mounted master cylinder lever. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Waldorf said:
another free clutch modification, wich is used by Ducati themselves on their race bikes, is to remove two springs.

have a try, it's much easier on the fingers on all models without a radial mounted master cylinder lever. [thumbsup]
which two? or does it not matter? as long as they are across one another.- radial mounted master cylinder lever-, call me stooopid , but which models have this? I have an '02 S4 and would love to have an easier pull on the clutch. I put the Evoluzione slave on it, but didn't seem to make much difference on this bike. I put the same slave on my '98 750 and it made quite a difference on that one. I wish my clutch was as easy as the newer 695's. Anyone know what they changed to make it so easy? thanks for the inputs. Harry
(hope this wasn't a threadjack ::))

·
Registered
737 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
which two? or does it not matter? as long as they are across one another.- radial mounted master cylinder lever-, call me stooopid , but which models have this? I have an '02 S4 and would love to have an easier pull on the clutch. I put the Evoluzione slave on it, but didn't seem to make much difference on this bike. I put the same slave on my '98 750 and it made quite a difference on that one. I wish my clutch was as easy as the newer 695's. Anyone know what they changed to make it so easy? thanks for the inputs. Harry
(hope this wasn't a threadjack ::))
yep, any two as long as they are accross.

my 2007 Monster RS has a radial mounted clutch lever, so do the Superbikes since 2003 and so does the 2007 Monster S4R.

the 695 uses a wet clutch, that's why it's easier than the dry clutch of your S4.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts