Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys :)
got a brand new spacer kit to use when installing Clip-on handle-bars to bikes with the old style coffin brake and clutch reservoirs.
got an extra set when I ordered my clip-ons. never ended up using them.
Anyone thinking of buying clip-ons that may need them?
all i ask is a couple $$ to cover postage.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Pepsduc, I'm dicking around trying to fit 'clip-on' style handle bars onto my bike and I'm having a little trouble with the angled hose fitting into the coffin style clutch master cylinder. Is this spacer what you are talking about?

Mmick

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could be mate.
the spacer kit i have has a part that fits in between the clamp of the master cylinder to the handle bar.
its designed to move the reservoirs forward about 6-8mm, so they clear the clip-on assembly.
sounds like ur reservoir is conflicting with the clip-on??
what clip-ons you trying to fit?

·
Registered
972 Posts
They are not 'clip-ons' in the real sense, I still use the original bar mount position the bar shape goes forward and then the part where you put all your controls and throttle are angled down, like clip-ons.
But the original clutch hose has a right angle bend in it and its this which just interferes with the dash, by the way, when I do get the right shape of bars I will be replacing the clutch line with a more appropiate one.

Mmick

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
probably not what you need, by the sounds Mmick :-\

good news is they are still available should anyone need them :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
i've got the coffins and im about to get some clip-ons but i havent decided which ones, will i need these? if so i would like them, save me a few bucks. thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, if you have coffins, you will need the spacer kit for sure!
weather you go the under triple- or above triple- clipons, you will need the spacer kit.

no worries mate.... they are yours :)
when you place your order for the clip-ons, be sure to tell them you will not need the spacer kit, as you have a set already.

pm me your details.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts