Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Why not? They help to reduce the risk of hurting your bike, and at $155, it seems like a good idea considering the amount of money that can add up from just a drop.

-Patrick

G

·
I have cyclecat. From my local dealer, $135. I spent a whole 10 minutes installing them!

Ask Retro what he thinks of them!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Or if your a CF freak like me. There are these.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I just ordered a set of the Cyclecats too. Cheap protection andthey look kinda cool in a really ugly , industrial way. If they stick out far enough, I might use em like highway pegs ;D

G

·
I'll throw in my thumbs up for the cycle cat's too. I thought they looked a little funny to begin with (frame sliders in general on a naked bike) but now they have start to grow on me.

And they definately stick out enough for use as highway pegs. But at 6'4" I think my knees would hit me in the chin!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Cycle cat frame sliders flat out KICK ASS..... they've saved my bike waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times..... Best money I've spent.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I plan on investing in some too...real soon...like tomorrow!!!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Hanjin,

What brand of sliders are those that you have? And where did you find em?

·
Registered
783 Posts
They are Lockhart Phillips carbon sleeved sliders. A friend machined a engine bolt to mount them. I just had to have CF. Call me crazy. You can buy the sliders as a universal kit and have some one machine a bolt.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Which bar end sliders do I get? I saw on motowheels there's like 4 different kinds...Anybody? :-[

G

·
If you are talking about handle bar end sliders, I use the DBS2. It is smaller and less noticable but still provides protection. The new DBS4 is designed so you can mount the CRG mirrors on the end with out sliding your controls up or using the adapter.

If you are talking about Frame sliders, you need to pick the one for model and year for proper fit.

I
Are the DBS4's in yet? Put me down for the first set....Dennis

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
FBF does not reccommend frame sliders, because they bolt thru the engine casing and they have seen engine damage caused by them on crashes???? :-/
Just some input to think about.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
FBF does not reccommend frame sliders, because they bolt thru the engine casing and they have seen engine damage caused by them on crashes???? :-/
Just some input to think about.
i can see their point, but it seems to me if the crash was that bad, the bike would be trash anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts