Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
That motivation bolt looks kind of dainty. It could just be a bad picture but I wouldn't use that thing to hold my engine.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
pennyrobber said:
That motivation bolt looks kind of dainty. It could just be a bad picture but I wouldn't use that thing to hold my engine.
+1
The Motivation bolt looks to be a piece of stainless all-thread, whereas Cycle cat uses a solid stainless rod, threaded on both ends, so the smooth bore of the rod rests on the frame, and supports the motor. More engineering, and a little more thought in the design.

FP

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
SpeedyMoto

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I have cycle frame sliders on S2R1K and the engine has not fallen yet. ;D

Mynor

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
i have cycle cats on mine, very happy with it. the engine bolt is just as good if not better then oem.

G

·
Just having gone through this decision a couple months ago with my M695, I looked at Cycle Cat and Speedy Moto. After looking at both, I chose the Speedy Moto. Very nice design, and a high quality item. Definitely worthy of being installed on a Ducati. Although I have not used them (and hope I never do!), I really like them and highly recommend Speedy Moto.

You can see, and buy both here http://www.motostrano-store.com/sliders.html

In addition, Speedy Moto's are less expensive, Plus free shipping !!

Speedy Moto's sight is here: http://secure.speedymoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

BTW: There was a couple of threads on how to do this. I for one, with the bike on its side stand, just removed the nut off of one side of the original engine's mounting "bolt" (really a long stud), and just used the replacement stud to push the original bolt through and out. Then just bolted the ends on and installed the sliders. 20 minute job, including using anti seize and triple torquing everthing (Do Use a Torque Wrench for this maintenance). I did not support the engine, as its not required for this maintence (in my humble opinion).

The thread stated that you had to suport the engine etc when doing this, but the bottom line is that there are other bolts holding the engine in place, and the engine is not going to move while performing the above maintenance (unless maybe if you try to do it with the engine running [laugh] ). I did put a small piece of 5/8 inch plywood under the kickstand when I did this, to make the bike straighter, and give me a better angle during the above maintenance.

Have Fun. Let us know what you buy (decide).

Brian F.

Life's Short,

Ride Fast.

BTW: After looking at that Motivation Slider, there is no way in hell I would ever use that on my bike or anything that I would ever work on. When I worked in a a shop, if a custermer gave me that thing and asked me to instal it on there bike, I would decline. For one thing, using a threaded peice of rod for this application is just asking for trouble. The engine mounting stud (bolt) may be utilized as a bearing surface - if by chance there is any movement (and there shouldn't be, but things happen), that threaded rod is just going to bugger up your engine cases and frame. In addition, utilizing a piece off theaded rod in this application could lead to fatique failure. There is a very good reason that the engineers specified a stud in this application (of which costs more). For a second thing, it appears that the threaded rod bolts directley to the plastic slider puck, and the puck goes agaisnt the frame. Not very wise in my oponion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought the motovation frame slider.

Its very poorly design. I have a hard time installing it. I would not recommend it to anybody.
The rod is threaded thru from end to end. And 2 self locking nut is provided for both end.
You need 2 person to tighten both side at the same time... and its very difficult to get the rod protruding from the nut end balance. One side always stick out more from the other side.

also very difficult to get the right tool to tighten the nut.

I'll say just get SpeedyMoto or Cycle Cat to safe you the trouble...!!!

You know what they says: You pay Peanuts, You get Monkey!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi Guys,

did you know our frame sliders ?

Price from 65,50 Euro (white), 67,24 Euro(black) to 136,21 Euro (carbon)

I test them about 6 times by my self ;D ...

Chris

G

·
No, never saw those before, and they look rather nice.

Chris, at one Euro to $1.33, my calculation is that your black sliders are about $89.oo bucks US. What about shipping, handling, etc to get them to the US?

Also, you have any pictures or links that show the whole kit? I am especially interested in the through stud (bolt).

Brian F.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Got a picture of the carbon sliders on a bike? Those look pretty!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
bought CCs...

used them...

and I love them ;D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all the advice. Think I'm gonna go for the Speedy Moto's. But those CF Desmo's look hot!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ciao,

here a picture whats included .

We have 2 length of pads for monster and monster with whater radiator.

I crashed my S4R and also S4Rs, never broken the radiator or other bigger parts. Works!

The carbon pads not only "show parts" ... inside the carbon you find aluminium-foam witch is made in a cooperation with Frauenhofer-Institut ( you know this? )

It´s the maximum protection pad ! The weight is 60% less than the Polyamid pads.

I will check my pc if i made pictures on the bike

EUR/USD at the moment 1/1.30 on paypal

Shipping by normal service 17 Euro , by Fedex 1-2 Day 40 Euro

Let me know if you need any informations

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
BMiller said:
Not to sound cheap............ [laugh]...................but is there anywhere that sells the CycleCat's cheaper?
I scored mine on fleebay for B.I.N. price of $99.00 new in box from oregon bmw place.
Maybe a good idea to check daily.He had 3 pairs gone in two days.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts