Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up the 02 750 Monster this weekend. The first thing I want to get are Frame Sliders. First off, do they make them for the Monster, and if so where do I get em?

Next I'll be looking into a small windshield (for longer rides). I believe Givi makes a nice one, anothers?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Go with the CycleCat frame sliders. There's a thread on them Here

Also, the Dart flyscreen is a popular choice around here. You can find it Here

And finally, Welcome to the board! Glad to have you. :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd skip the fly screen. Not much use, some will disagree on this, but that's what I think.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
if you have clip ons, they will allow you to get lower over the bike, and thus the windscreen would work better. i have the stock bars and a DP windscreen, and it does work if you really tuck in. it makes a noticeable difference if its really cold too

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Just wanted to add my vote towards the anti-flyscreen side.

They definetly detract from the 'naked'ness of the bike, and they only help if you lay down on the tank... (You will look like a moron laying down on the tank while cruising on the freeway...)

Also think about the common claim made by flyscreen companies: "deflects wind off the chest."
Its true, they deflect wind off your chest, and onto your neck/helmet (thats bad)... In my opinion the only way to go is to get a very high windshield, or go without one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts