Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched and searched. We need a Frame Sliders Thread only. Please post pics of you sliders if you've got them, along with their name and how you like them.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
For the purpose of science, I have crash tested the CycleCat Frame sliders pictured in the first post. They do good things. The bike would have still been QUITE ride-able had my right side of the bar point down towards the ground. And had I had a front brake lever left. Apparently frame sliders don't stop all damage, but it stopped a lot. It was a highside as well.

So yes, CycleCat has been crashtested. It worked.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
Wanwo said:
/threadjack

Moto, liking your bike. What type of headlamp is that? What clip ons and triple do you have there?
Headlight is a HID lamp with a Harley bucket and billet mount. Cycle Cat Clip ons with shorter bars. Cycle Cat top triple. Motowheels bottom.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
cyclecat as well [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
ducati culture said:
So is the hid worth it or not? I would love more light
The light output is great. I went through all the different bulbs and HID kits. This headlight works the best. The headlight (~ $300) /bucket (~100) / billet mount (~100) was pricey though, so we did not come up with a kit.
I can get you the pieces if you are interested.

MonsterMan said:
moto,

How did you get the gp masters to fit so close to the CC clip ons. If you could get some close up pics, it would be greatly appreciated.
I used the shorter bars and took the locating pins off the controls.

There is still a little gap:

I don't have many close up shots of the bars, but if you email me at [email protected] I can take a few more pics and send them off to you.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
+1 on crash tested cyclecats [thumbsup]

those things paid for themseves by keeping the rest of my bike off the asphalt in a low speed slide

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I'm sure its the same with the rest of the Frame Sliders, but you can order individual replacement pucks (as I have had to do) for the Cycle Cat system. I mangled mine and a replacement wasn't too expensive at ~$38 bones from MotoWheels. Nice to be able to just add a replacement to your cart and check out, and be back on the road in no time.

Another benefit of CycleCat was the service. Turns out my kit was absent a set of bolts or something at the time :eek:, I don't remember now, but they were shipped right out to me as soon as I noticed and let them know. Box came complete with a TON of CycleCat after dinner mints. [clap]

I personally would love to have a CycleCat sticker or two rather than mints, but the mints were consumed during the install and that was pleasant. [thumbsup]

Good peoples.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.