Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and have been reading up on all sorts of good info. I pick up my 2001 Monster 600 next weekend, and can't wait! It'll be my first bike, and because of this I've been looking into frame sliders. (I've taken the MSF class, and am picking up all my other safety gear now as well) Apparently cyclecat makes them, but according to their web page they only have a model that fits 2001 620ie and newer (their DS9 frame sliders).

Now I have a 2001 600... are these going to fit? I emailed cyclecat to see if they'd fit, and they responded quickly with this:

The best answer to your question is, "we don't
know", because we have not had a 2001 600 in our shop for fitting. However, provided the engine mounting uses a through stud instead of two bolts on either side, I would think there is a very high likelihood that the DS9 will fit.

Of course, if it didn't, we would certainly do what we could to make the fit correct, or, if we were unable to do so, take the kit back. But again, with the caveat that the stock mounting uses a stud running all the way through the engine casing, I think you're good to go with the DS9.
So does anyone here have a 2001 600 with frame sliders? Or does anyone know if the 2001 600 monsters have the through engine stud they speak of? I'd like to get the sliders on ASAP, since I'd hate to have a stupid parking lot drop mess up my new baby. ;)

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just look at the front of your motor to see if the stud goes clear through or if you have a bolt coming in from either side. I think you have the stud so the DS-7 would probably be the right one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'd look myself, but the bike isn't in my possession yet. I think I'll go ahead and order them, especially since cyclecat seems like they'll work with me on it if it doesn't fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts