Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some frame sliders for my 2000 M750. Unfortunately, all of the frame sliders for the 750 that I'm finding online are advertised for 2001 to 2008. Can anyone tell me either whether these would work with the 2000 (carbuerated vs. fuel-injected) or will I have to find a set specifically for 2000 and older?

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm looking to get some frame sliders for my 2000 M750. Unfortunately, all of the frame sliders for the 750 that I'm finding online are advertised for 2001 to 2008. Can anyone tell me either whether these would work with the 2000 (carbuerated vs. fuel-injected) or will I have to find a set specifically for 2000 and older?

Thanks.
Great question, I don't have an answer but I know that some brands carry the same part number for all Monsters or SB and other carry different part numbers. I have a set of frame sliders that I purchased a set from the other website not knowing there is a difference or is there???? Good luck but if it was me I would just call SATO or whomever you want to buy and ask them...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I think I've got this figured out: the carbureted motorcycles have a 10mm engine bolt, while the fuel-injected bikes have a 12mm engine bolt. Thus the replacement bolt and sliders are different sizes. Hopefully this thread helps anybody who may have the same issue in the front, I've found a couple of options for frame sliders that would work with my bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am very confused on this as well. Buying parts for my 2000 900 i.e. is hard because it is fuel injected but when looking at parts they list Monster 900 years up to 00 and then 01+ where would my bike fall in this range? I was under the assumption my bike would be 00-02 due to the change in the monster in 2003. Any insight?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My comment about the fuel injection was more related directly to the M750, which went fuel injected in '01. However, as best I can tell your bike uses the same frame sliders that mine does and has the 10mm engine bolt.

Reference: http://www.motowheels.com/italian/mySearchResult.cfm?parentcategoryid=&productID=2087&showDetail=1&categoryID=1294|Monster Protection: M600/1000&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=frame slider&collection=

Cycle Cat DS-7 sliders will do the trick if you can find them. I got mine from MotoWheels, but they come in and out of stock since they have such limited production runs. Good luck finding some!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Okay, I think I've got this figured out: the carbureted motorcycles have a 10mm engine bolt, while the fuel-injected bikes have a 12mm engine bolt. Thus the replacement bolt and sliders are different sizes. Hopefully this thread helps anybody who may have the same issue in the front, I've found a couple of options for frame sliders that would work with my bike.
Just a word of advice, if anyone is using the 10mm version and they drop their bike, they'll probably need to replace the engine bolt. Being only 10mm they aren't particularly strong, and can bend or fracture. The engine is a stressed member with the swingarm pivoting off the engine...and its all held together with just 2 10mm bolts...

I speak from experience: I had a very low speed crash when another rider missed a yellow flag and hit my arm, knocking me off. Everything seemed fine, but afterwards my lap times dropped for a while- couldn't figure it out. Then I was coming out of a slow corner and saw a crash bung/frame slider lying on the track.... it was mine, it had cracked off, so my entire bike was now held together with ONE engine bolt and a loose pin... Handling improved dramatically with a new engine bolt ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
seriously yes... I have looked online and didn't find anything, so I went into the ducati bike shop and they didn't have anything, nor did they know of anything... how about we not be complete dicks when somebody asks for help... no better than ducati.ms...

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
So, smart-ass. Did you check out the links provided earlier in the thread? After I saw your post I checked the T-Rex link in the post just prior to yours and I checked the sponsors and guess what?
Hell, I even hit google for "ducati monster s4r sliders" and what do you know. I found all these: http://www.google.be/search?q=ducati+monster+s4r+sliders&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t

I even fat-fingered it the first time and misspelled it "slikders" and still got two hits.

So yes I asked you "Seriously?" because it was a stupid question. You apparently asked the question without even checking out the answers that were already given or apparently actually trying to search yourself. I am so sorry that you are so sensitive.

So, Let me give you all those links in one place so you don't get confused.

http://www.t-rex-racing.com/ (from the post prior to yours)
http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/sponsors.php (the sponsors page I mentioned earlier found on the left side of the screen)
http://www.google.be/search?q=ducati+monster+s4r+sliders&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t (from the google search I mentioned at the beginning of this post)

Oh and by the way, apparently all 2001-2008 Ducati Monster Models use the same frame sliders. Look at what I just learned from actually looking. You might want to tell that to your dealer as apparently they don't know this already.

And you say you get the same treatment on the other forums? I wonder why? I guess that now along with being a complete dick I am an asshole to boot. I still prefer either to being a dumb-ass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
how is this being a dumbass?... I asked for help... if I was lazy I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble to Join and ask the question. And yes I looked, but I didn't find anything that I am looking for, nor is what is on the trex site what I am looking for... you are an asshole though... so congrats...

and the only reason I said anything at all about ducati.ms is that I've looked around on there... and i noticed alot of people asking questions and saying hello in the welcome section and nobody every responds to anybody... and if this is the kind of responses I get on here... which btw most of the help stuff is full of things easily found by looking online... you get assholes like you being sarcastic... although you attempted to help... even though you are an asshole... but whatever... I appreciate your "help"... I found out from some other people what I'm looking for is called a half crash cage, not a frame slider...

How about that... there are people new to riding and motorcycles... appreciate the warm welcome... asshole

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
[laugh] [clap]

Okay, so you look at every link that everybody points you to and don't see what you are looking for but then keep asking for the same thing rather than explaining what you are looking for.

I would ponder to guess that you won't find any half crash bars for an S4R or any Ducati Monster though I could be wrong. I've never heard of them. Sounds like something for a Multistrada or Hypermotard.

Welcome aboard [cheeky]

BTW - Since you are on the subject, I looked up half crash bars for ducati and it seems that DP makes them only for the Multistrada. Are you going to make your S4R an off-roader? You may have to do a lot of fabwork to get those or another similar set to work on the S4R.

·
Registered
635 Posts
[laugh] [clap]

Okay, so you look at every link that everybody points you to and don't see what you are looking for ....

... you won't find any half crash bars for an S4R or any Ducati Monster ...

Welcome aboard [cheeky]

BTW - Since you are on the subject, I looked up half crash bars for ducati and it seems that DP makes them only for the Multistrada. Are you going to make your S4R an off-roader? You may have to do a lot of fabwork to get those or another similar set to work on the S4R.
drkmojo,

i'm trying to find him some training wheels but haven't being able to find them ... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Heheh. I don't think they make them for the S4R either. As a matter of fact I was just thinking about that last comment about being new to riding. Does he maybe want the crash bars just for day to day riding rather than off-roading the bike. Oh wait, maybe a mounting point for the training wheels.

Plotter - Dude, you are just too easy a target. I hope you take the MSF course. Ride safe and keep it shiny side up. Grow up and thicken your skin. Something tells me someone has said this before or should have - Think before you speak (type in this case).

·
Registered
635 Posts
Heheh. I don't think they make them for the S4R either. As a matter of fact I was just thinking about that last comment about being new to riding. Does he maybe want the crash bars just for day to day riding rather than off-roading the bike. Oh wait, maybe a mounting point for the training wheels.

Plotter - Dude, you are just too easy a target. I hope you take the MSF course. Ride safe and keep it shiny side up. Grow up and thicken your skin. Something tells me someone has said this before or should have - Think before you speak (type in this case).
drkmojo,

think we had our fun ...

Plotter, for Monsters there's no such thing as crash bars ... Unless ... YOU fabricate them ... or modify MTS ones ...

Have a happy Sunday everyone ...!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts