Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I ordered frame sliders and they came with a spacer, 6 washers, and an o-ring on each end on the inside of the bar. Is there some sort of "stop" on the inside of the frame hole that will keep these in place? Do they press against the engine or something? They seem like they will slide around in the frame and don't serve a purpose.

Have your sliders come with all this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With so many views one of you has to have installed sliders...

Do I just take off everything on one half and then side it in replacing the stock mount then put everything back in place? What purpose do all the washers serve?

Did the sliders you bought have washers and the oring?

·
Registered
663 Posts
there s/b a washer between every piece. didn't this come with instructions?

it actually looks like 5 flat washers and 1 lock washer on a side.

also look slike you have double nuts, but IDK

perhaps it goes washer, nut, washer, spacer, washer, slider, washer, lock washer, nut.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is 5 washers and a lock washer. One end has 2 nuts and the other end has 1 nylon lock nut. It came exactly like that in a tube with no instructions.

there s/b a washer between every piece. didn't this come with instructions?
does "s/b" mean should be? Did yours come with instructions stating this? It makes sense.

Also, would you be able to tell me if there is something on the inside of the hole (near the center of the frame I guess) that seperates things? Maybe a lip?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yes, s/b means should be.

If I had to guess (and this is a guess), I would start 1 side washer, nut, the other side, washer. My spacers were threaded so I didn't need the additional nut.

The nut side is used to fix the length of the threaded rod. Ultimately, you want the same amount of rod coming ount on each side (measured by a vernier caliper, or very thin ruler), then alternate parts as previously discussed.

Yes, I had a washer between each piece too.

I can't imagine you can't call who you got slider from for printed instructions, though.

Good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Who makes these no-doc sliders anyway?

Yes, s/b means should be.

If I had to guess (and this is a guess), I would start 1 side washer, nut, the other side, washer. My spacers were threaded so I didn't need the additional nut.

The nut side is used to fix the length of the threaded rod. Ultimately, you want the same amount of rod coming ount on each side (measured by a vernier caliper, or very thin ruler), then alternate parts as previously discussed.

Yes, I had a washer between each piece too.

I can't imagine you can't call who you got slider from for printed instructions, though.

Good luck.
I want to get some too, and think it's thoughtless for the mfg. to not provide instructions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when looking for instructions on google I found this picture on a retailer's site..

it must go like this LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For everyone's information, only 2 washers fit. I still have no idea why so many were on there, I couldn't get ahold of the company.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts