Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've integrated the tail light/signals on my '04 M800. I've fabricated a new bracket to mount the new LED tail light unit to once I remove the mud guard.

I'll be cutting the tubes which extend past the tail light to support the stock mud guard (just behind the seat lock) but need a source for some sort of plug I can use to stick into the holes once I cut the tubes. The tubes are 22mm (18mm inside radius).

I recall reading somewhere someone asking the same question and getting an answer but can't find the thread. I know plugs come with the Competition Werkes tail chop kit (or someone's) but I've gone the $5 route and made my own part, so I just need the plugs...

Also, I've removed the stock mirrors in favour of bar ends. Someone mentioned a bolt from Advance Auto or Home Depot or something which they used to screw into the stock mounts to plug those up. I'm having no luck finding that post either...

Any help, very much appreciated.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No kidding eh? I was thinking the exact same thing. Went to a local sign shop and asked them to make me some vinyl decals in the same font. Got tired of searching for the right ones online. I reckon the letters are about 1" - 1 1/2" tall.

I'm thinking that if I ever get the Sergeant seat (not anytime soon) I'll talk to them about getting that logo stitched on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
desmoworld.de has something that's really nice
I bought it from them after everything , shipping from europe.
it's like 27? not entirely sure, but they look really nice,
could not upload the pic but if you want to see shoot me an email i will
send pic to you,

plus they give you a mini pack of gummy bear hahah! so funny but
thoughtful.

eric.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts