Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about making the investment and getting some frame/handle bar/fork sliders to protect my new bike in the event of an unfortunate mis-hap.

At the very least, which sets should I purchase? Anyone else have them or suggest getting them?

No one plans to get into an accident or see their monster fall over, but I'd feel terrible if there was a mis-hap that ended up costing me money, or essentially the cost of some sliders that would have prevented the damage.

Thoughts please?

·
Registered
203 Posts
There are so many options, I have yet to pick out some for myself.

Rizoma makes a unique frame set if you have $$$$

T-Rex are a good looking ones ( frame and both axles)that are sold on ebay

Motivation - nice

Speedymoto -

Gilles tooling = $$$$ frame ones

Honestly, I think they all would work, how much difference could there be except maybe the Gilles ( they have an absorber).

I guess just pick a set in your price range. I personally like different brands for each part of the bike. I guess if someone sold a " set" including front axle, rear axle, and frame, I would have already bought them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
100% yes on getting some. I had a low speed collision on the expressway and only had to spend about $300 to replace the metal plate connecting my right foot pedal, passenger pedal and break lever. I grinded off about a quarter inch off my right frame slider and luckily came out without a single scratch or dent to the tank. $200 (installed) well spent. I have the Speedymoto ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts