Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! New to both the world of ducati and the world of motorcycles. I've wrenched on lots of things so I bought an 02 m750ie that needed some work. Having shed blood and sweat for this bike to get it up and running id rather avoid getting rid of it. I like to work out and make myself a better person so in the spirit of self improvement I'd like to give my 750 frame the chance to be a better bike. I'm well aware that most of the air-cooled motors all use broadly the same frame and a 900ie motor will work with my frame. But what about the ds1000 motor? If I did and engine swap of any sort what other supporting systems would I have to change? (Cluster, ecu, etc). This bike has quickly become my baby and I love all the customization options so I'd really like to make this bike fully mine and hang on to it for a long time. Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes the 1000ds motor fit, mounts are the same. After that you can make it as easy or complicated as you choose.
From ignitech ignition combined with flatslide carbs, to transplanting the DS loom and clocks. You could probably even remap the 750ie system to suit.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I see Multi Strada DS1000 pop up quite often it seems. Many are salvage or project condition. Most could probably be picked up for about what just the motor would sell for. Then you'd have everything you need, or close to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the 1000ds motor fit, mounts are the same. After that you can make it as easy or complicated as you choose.
From ignitech ignition combined with flatslide carbs, to transplanting the DS loom and clocks. You could probably even remap the 750ie system to suit.
I appreciate the info. I've been looking and haven't seen too many project bikes, where do you look? I'd probably just swap everything out of a multistrada if that's the easy way

1 - 5 of 5 Posts