Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pPut a set of these racing kit calipers on my S4 and hey hey hey they are bonkers.I didn't think the standard brakes were bad but these are incredible.Get some now!piccie to follow

G

·
hey berto, did you just get hte 4 pads ones that are around $240 each ? Did you end up having to get new brakes lines ? Which ones did you get, the 996 brake lines ? I need to draw and make some custom ones according to Motowheels for my S4.

So what is the difference between these and the radial brakes ? Can anyone give me a quick tutorial about radials ?

thanks

G

·
radial brakes are a different story altogether. i believe radial mounted brembos are all 4 pad's, but the significant difference is how they mount to the forks. they're mouted on either end of the caliper rather than on one side. this makes for a more rigid mounting system that helps eliminate caliper deflection as they pinch the rotor itself.

4 pads vs 2 pads, the advantage from what i understand is that since each piston has its own pad, it can apply the appropriate amount of force against the rotor without being influenced by its neighboring piston -> better feel + more stopping power.

personally, i still have the regular 2-pin calipers that were standard on my s4, but have braketech rotors with ferodo platinum pads and a radial master cylinder. good stuff, plenty quick to stop. different routes for similar results.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They come with new lines (D.P. catalogue under racing brake kit)but as usual with Ducati they dont fit!!I think they use the lines from 748/998 which obviously have lower bars so the lines are too short for monsters.Ducati Glasgow were as surprised as me but ordered a set of Hel lines with the correct angles for me.Oh and they look the bollocks.If you need details of length etc e:mail my mate Harry at Ducati Glasgow and he will sort you out.web site www.ducatiglasgow.co.uk and e:mail [email protected]

Regards. ::)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Four pad brembos rock!

I've got the four pad brembos on my Monster. I'm using them with the narrowband rotors too. They are awesome! Something to take note of tho.... the narrowband rotors will not work with the four pad calipers unless you do a little machining. The pad guides inside the calipers need to be machined back 1mm each to clear the buttons on the rotor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here's a pic of the calipers before and after.

G

·
Is that a clearance problem when mounting directly to 65mm spaced tubes?...I had to go with the adapters as I had old non-adjust Showas and the pad-to-button clearance is open prairie

Also Fred at Yoyodyne can help on the hoses and fittings stuff, I needed to order +2 inch lines because the adapters dropped the calipers down more than stock (rendering my new fren tubo kevlar lines useless)

www.yoyodyneti.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts