Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: WTB - stock monster seat.

Bad Dog said:
No location.......one post.
Hmmmmm......
Got Greenbacks, in advance?
sorry, didn't fill in all the particulars, wasn't going to be staying long. don't have a ducati, but do love them,

Gil said:
what year you looking for?
Not really sure, its for a project bike, didn't think there was too much differance between years other than late models having option for lower seat.
Am I way off the mark here?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

I don't know why but I have always coveted the Hawk. Everytime I see one on the road I say to myself, "Self- you really ought to make room in your garage/wallet for one of those nifty rides." Unfortunately the other decision making self in the family disagrees.

Kilter what model year seat does that Hawk mod require? I believe the pre-2000 Monster seats are different than post-2000. Someone may be better able to help with that tidbit. Cheers!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

not sure about what year seat was used for that conversion. Like I said above, I'm not aware of any differances between model years/seats, but if anyone knows any better please speak up.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Re: WTB - pre 2000 monster seat.

There are 2 differences between the pre 2000 and post 2000 seats.

They are

1) The cut out by the tanks on the later models is a little higher (just slightly, it's not that much)

2) The post that goes into the back and is held in place by the lock is different. But one could swap the earlier/later posts as they are mounted to the seat pan the same way.

Now, after looking at that Hawk closely it's pretty clear that the person who did that mod actually cut down the front of the seat where it goes into the tank. From the images I'd say about an inch.

You will have an easier time finding newer (2000+) seats than older and I think since you're going to be cutting the top and front a little you will probably not notice the difference between the 2 earlier/later.

Please post pictures of your during/finished project.

Best of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.