Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the STL area and i found a Monster about an hour away in Illinois. I've talked with the owner and he has had it up for sale for about 2-3 weeks. The bike is an 02' with about 4500 miles and he will take about 3200 for it. Ive ridden it and it seems flawless...The guy says hes selling it b/c it was a backup bike while his was in the shop all summer...My question is does this seem reasonable and what steps do you guys take before buying a used bike....THANKS for any responses as im new to this great community

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No im not i don't know what your talking about sorry. But anyway what do you look for at a monster to tell if its been taken care of.....Thanks for the price chart it seems good.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Make sure it had the 600 mile service... but on top of that, it should have had new oil at least every season, so you can check the color of the oil. Other than that, just check the normal things you'd check on any bike. Tires, chain, brakes, cosmetic condition, electricals, etc.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Ask him how often it had the oil changed? That's really a great price, I'd get the checkbook ready if I were you.
Also, do you know what kind of bike was in the shop and why? That might tell you something too, if he blew the engine up or something.

Tanya

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea he said his buddy hit him when they were riding and it took two months approx to fix....I just have to convince my mom....I'll have the money when i sell mine and can pay her back easily but its tough....I'm working on it though i love the bike..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.