Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi MOB! I figured I should introduce myself... Just picked up my first Monster and I can't be more pleased. :) It really makes a great addition to the family. Now if only I can convince my financial officer to agree on the 1098 - I'd be set! But for now, I'm a very happy camper...

Pardon the footwear [laugh] - I was merely getting ready to load it on the trailer.

I hope the MOB hold a GTG soon so I can ride in and join you all... Take care!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice lookin' bike their sir...

I'm flying out of town this week so i didn't post a ride. But on the 18th I will probably doing a South Bay or East Bay or something ride.

Welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
welcome rick.
you'll enjoy it here

·
Registered
769 Posts
Welcome Rick T, nice looking bike [thumbsup]

Give us some stats - what year, cc - seat doesn't look stock, pretty though.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Ducky said:
Welcome Rick T, nice looking bike [thumbsup]

Give us some stats - what year, cc - seat doesn't look stock, pretty though.
Looks like a later model year given the font on the tank, and it's probably a 900 given that it's a dry clutch....I'm gonna guess a '97-'99, gel seat, Arrow pipes, Ohlins front shocks??? I'm totally guessing here, but it's fun. ;D

Welcome Rick! As soon as Calamari gets his act together we'll ride. ::) (j/k about the jab Calamari, it's going to rain this weekend anyway...)

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Welcome, Rick!

I like this game. In addition to what 'belle noted, I see carbon dream tail piece, marchesini 10 spokes (mag or alum?), aftermarket front rotors, possible a carbon front fender.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
ooo ooo...Rizoma clutch cover? Those rearsets look interesting, too, but I've no clue what they are--photo resolution makes it tough to tell. :)

And Ducky, the clear cylinder reservoirs around the bars also indicate that it's a later model year bike--mine has the "coffin" type. I think they stopped doing those in '96? Once again...a broad guess.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Belle, Spider Spidey, you are good bike detectives ;D

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Very nice Rick! You guys/gals definitely know your stuff, this bike is inundated with lots of goodies! Believe me, all I could do is drool when I laid eyes on it :D I have dry clutch envy...those things are hypnotizing when started up and running.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all! Just got home - LONG day... :)

Thanks very much for the warm welcome - I am very much looking forward to meeting the group. It seems like a very tight crew here. I'm glad I have a few Bay Area Monster fanatics to turn to...

Well some details on the bike: (the good stuff)
1. Ohlins R&T (fit stock triple tree) ;D - not salvaged from superbike (S or R)
2. Marchesini 10-spoke Forged (Magnesium)
3. Brake Tech/Ferodo Ductile Iron Full Floating Brake Rotors
4. Carbon Fiber - everywhere (yes, the tail is a Carbon Dream piece - wow... you know your cf)

And a few more goodies... :)

Do you guys/gals have pics of yourselves so I know who you all are? [thumbsup]

OOpps forgot - it's a 2001 900sie or as I like to call it - M900RRS (Ricky Racer Special) [laugh]

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Welcome Rick T.When you get your 1098,I'll be happy to buy that monster from you. [laugh]Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Oh, and the rearsets look to be S&P, with the passenger add-ons.

;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts