Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked for a old post but no dice... on a 620 would it make a difference? and who do you go to get it done(bay area) i want to get rid of the vibration. i figured for the same price as damper i could get them revalved pros cons agree or disagree

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
This is a complex question, let's start by defining the vibration that you're trying to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
i don't think revalving is possible on the 620's marzocchis. i had the springs and oil swapped last summer and it made a huge difference in the bike's handling.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats who i was looking for ;D the guy on the front page Jeff is my neighbor. he lives down the street. thanx

·
Registered
339 Posts
Froggert,

What advice were you given on the forks and by whom? I think the forks on my 620 aren't too bad, but they are a bit harsh over tracks and other abrupt obstacles. The rear, however, that's another story. It feels vague and mushy yet it bucks like heck over tracks. If you have some cheap improvement specs for the front, please share...

Thanks,
Mike

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Question from the uneducated - what exactly is fork revalving?
Inside the forks are some little valves that regulate how fast the oil flows through them on compression and rebound. To work properly, they are supposed to let a tiny bit through at low speed, and more at higher speed. When you get forks revalved, they adjust these valves (or replace them) so that the forks will work optimally for the type of riding that you do, taking into account your weight and the weight of the bike.

I had my forks revalved because I was experiencing problems when braking into bumpy corners. The forks would sometimes bottom, then it would ride like a jackhammer until I let off the brakes. Apparently the compression was too weak and the rebound was too strong, so the forks would go down and then not come back up. Once they were revalved, the bike tracked much better in corners giving me a lot more confidence.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts