Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
The service manual doesn't specify one or the other. I would assume and I think it covers both bikes. Im going to take a guess and say that they two have the same size pinch bolts so it requires the same torque.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just a tip, if you've removed your forks and changed fork oil and accidentally got fork oil on the outside of the tubes; make sure you clean them off with something to remove the oil completely. On another of my bikes I got oil on the outside of the tube, wiped it down to what felt dry and free from the lubricant. Bolted them up. After an rough off-road ride the forks had shifted "up" in the triples by an inch…

·
Registered
114 Posts
But at the bottom of the forks you'll notice 19nm stamped.i'm stumped
I see what you are talking about. I searched the Manual for 19Nm and couldn't find anything with that torque spec. In the Manual it has a reg 1200 in the picture. Its possible that the 19Nm is for the S. Possible why they put it on the bike. Call a Duc dealer and ask.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originially contacted the dealer,the response prompted me to throw it out in the forum.Yeah I do think 19Nm is the correct torque.thanks for your input M1200S.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kayaba fork bottom end locking screw (BASE) M6x1 10* GREASE B (sequence
1-2-1)
Öhlins fork bottom end locking screw (S) M8x1.25 10* GREASE B (sequence
1-2-1)

so 10nm +/- 10% which basically means grease it and snug it.

If you search around here a bit, you too can find a link to the workshop manual. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kayaba fork bottom end locking screw (BASE) M6x1 10* GREASE B (sequence
1-2-1)
Öhlins fork bottom end locking screw (S) M8x1.25 10* GREASE B (sequence
1-2-1)

so 10nm +/- 10% which basically means grease it and snug it.

If you search around here a bit, you too can find a link to the workshop manual. :)
Workshop manual does not mention the S model,only the standard is quoted at 10Nm.As I typed earlier at the bottom of the S model forks it is stamped 19Nm,hence I would assume that is reference to the pinch bolts.yes/no?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Honestly if you want a good answer just call Ducati of Austin and ask. (512) 236-8822 They are a great shop and they are always willing to answer questions and I'm sure they would clear this up. Let us know what they say if you call them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Honestly if you want a good answer just call Ducati of Austin and ask. (512) 236-8822 They are a great shop and they are always willing to answer questions and I'm sure they would clear this up. Let us know what they say if you call them.
I'm sure Vito will side with me even if I'm wrong :devil

That being said, I cut and pasted that directly out of the workshop manual document I have so I don't know why Boltz has an issue with reading comprehenshun. :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Rang Frasers Ducati in Sydney concerning torque setting for the pinch bolts.If the cap heads are 5mm Allen keys then yes torque setting is 10Nm,but if the cap heads are 6mm then torque setting is 19Nm.Sonic duck thanks for your input,and M1200s I hope this is of value to you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts