Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've noticed a lot of people going with superbike forks on their Monsters. Sounds pretty cool.

But, lets say I send my fully adjustable M900 forks off to Traxxion Dynamics for a rebuild, including titanium nitride coating, valving, new springs etc. And, for the sake of argument, I send out a set of superbike forks for the same treatment.

Which is better? Any difference?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
most of the folks that do the superbike conversion are those with non adjustable forks.... found on many monster darks, m750's, and post 95 900sscr's. in my case the marzocchi non adjustable forks were just plain anemic only made worse when compared to the adjustable showa's on my s4. since most folks don't ditch their adjustable ss and monster forks those are kinda hard to find whereas the sbk forks are fairly plentiful. sbk forks have pretty stiff springs stock but will run you at least $300 not to mention any additional conversion costs dependent on model year. if you already have adjustable forks then springs and vavles will probably get you where you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts