Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried dropping the front by raising the forks in the triple tree 3 to 5 mm. My Bike seems to want to stand up in corners forcing me to put more pressure on the bars. Its not flickable enough. Other bikes I have owned, once Im leaned over in the corner, I use the throttle to make the bike push out or pull in tighter. Right now I am having to focus on pressure on the bars and cant even think about throttle.

Chris

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Hi Chris, I can't answer regarding lowering the front, but I would say that as my tires wear it affects the handling. The more they wear, I have to start adding pressure to the bars (never to the point of being an issue, but it is noticeably different than fresh tires). It happens subtly over time. What's the age, wear, pressures, on your tires? Just a thought.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Has anyone tried dropping the front by raising the forks in the triple tree 3 to 5 mm. My Bike seems to want to stand up in corners forcing me to put more pressure on the bars. Its not flickable enough. Other bikes I have owned, once Im leaned over in the corner, I use the throttle to make the bike push out or pull in tighter. Right now I am having to focus on pressure on the bars and cant even think about throttle.

Chris
I've got mine 5mm above to help with the twitsy bits....been that way for 30k miles or so...going back to stock height tho..if your just motoring along it does help quicken the pace...I've been bombing through corners lately and am looking for a bit more stability under braking...but it handles like it's on rails....I give it the beans it just goes faster...you running wide could be a number of things...dropping the front won't fix the underlying problem but it could help pin point the problem...sprung for correct weight?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts