Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys... I dont wanna get beatup for asking this... but the search feature didnt really bring up what I was looking for....

But are the 748/996 forks a direct replacement for the Monster forks?!

Can I just get a set of these forks and install them into my monster as a direct bolt up?

ANY info would be great!

M

·
0 Posts
For a 2002: You will need a modified top triple and shims or a new top triple kit:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=123|Ducati Suspension&productID=748&showDetail=1&categoryID=126|Ducati Monster Suspensions&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|Italian Motorcycle Parts

You will also need 53mm clip ons. You can get just the billet clip-on portion for your Cycle Cat risers.

If you need help, please contact us. We've done a few of these already and keep all the parts in stock.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not opposed to getting a cycle cat triple clamp... it would be a nice addition....

Moto... whats the best way to speak to you about this?
email?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
You probably also want to make sure that you get a newer set of SBK forks that match your brake calipers and fender...

I've been meaning to write a 'how-to' for the conversion, but I've been holding off until I convert my SS so I can take some pictures. Now I have all of the parts, so it's just an issue of making the time....

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
BTW, I highly recommend the Cycle Cat stuff. But, if you want to switch over while controlling the cost, I believe that Norm has offered his services for modifying your existing clamp for a price.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll probably make the conversion next month (...really, I swear... I am finally going to do it. I'm tired of seeing those new forks just sitting on my workbench). I'm going to use the Cyclecat parts. I'll be sure to take some pictures too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
eBay is the place to find them. Just search for "Showa". I picked mine up for $245. They even came with the superbike triples, which I'll sell one of these days to get some of that money back.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm not opposed to getting a cycle cat triple clamp... it would be a nice addition....

Moto... whats the best way to speak to you about this?
email?
careful!
cycelcat does not yet make a top yoke for the '02+ monsters. difference with earlier models being bore for the steering stem nut.
that said, it's been posted on this board that they're about to release a top yoke for the s4 which being very similar, leads me to guess they've got a "regular monster" version on the way as well (which in turn, would also apply to the S4R)?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Doh! Alex? Martin? Chris? Anyone got the scoop here? Are my forks going to be spending even more time on the workbench?

S

·
0 Posts
so Strati, you getting that top tripple ? If you do, can you shoot us some photo of how to install please :)

I'll be getting it for sure soon ! I'm just following your lead!

M

·
0 Posts
Yes. the 02 is different. I just spoke to alfred. The existing triplw will not fit the bikes with a larger steer tube.

The 02 monster,S4S,S4R and ST top triple will be ready soon.

I ordered several for stock.

S

·
0 Posts
when man, when...just let me know, I'm down for one !!!

Do you know how much they are going to b e ?

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The Cyclecat triple is really beautiful, but you can also do this conversion by boring your exsisting triple by 2mm.

M

·
0 Posts
when man, when...just let me know, I'm down for one !!!

Do you know how much they are going to b e ?
They should be $325 for the top triple and shim for the lower.

Please email me if you want to reserve a set. I'll need to know what colors to set aside for everyone and who to contact... I always seem to have the wrong colors in stock...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts