Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me a loser, but I refuse to drive 8 hours to visit my dysfunctional family for hours of boredom and a crappy meal. So I think I'll spend a good part of Thanksgiving day giving thanks to the desmodromic gods for the Italian bounty in my garage by giving the new 900SS a shakedown cruise. Now that I've changed the oil (major pain in the arse), lubed the chain, and attempted to adjust the controls (d**n bars and levers aren't adjustable on this thing!) I'm ready to put this machine through its paces.

Are there any other antisocial folks out there willing to join me as I rattle windows and terrorize the twisty roads of the Bay Area? The route is wide open...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Would love to on turkey day but must stick to original plans...however, CADUCMAN posted about a t-day ride...check with him.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, what's the plan? I just discovered a nasty shudder on the 900 under hard braking, but I should be able to work that out by T-day. And if not, I'll ride my other Ducati [clap]

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
desmoquattro said:
OK, what's the plan? I just discovered a nasty shudder on the 900 under hard braking, but I should be able to work that out by T-day. And if not, I'll ride my other Ducati [clap]
Steering head bearings... pop the top triple off (and discover Ducati failed to bother putting ang grease on you bearings when they installed them - just like they did on mine - so squirt some grease down in there) and tweak them up a bit tighter...

big

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CADUCMAN said:
We can do Redwood Rd. if u want to explore the limits of the new bike. After that we can link up with Palomares canyon!
That works for me. I'm in SF. How about you?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I am out in Livermore, we can meet on the Castro Valley end of Redwood Rd if you want, I believe there is a Peets on the left in the shopping center. I am hoping to be done installing my new forks by Wednesday afternoon so Thursday is perfect.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome. You wouldn't happen to have the address for that Peets would you? Then I can map it. Any particular time?

BTW - If you can't get your forks done in time let me know. I have a slightly-used Superchicken available to ride [laugh]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Peets Castro Valley
20439 Redwood Rd
Castro Valley CA 94546
(510) 537-0181

Ohlins said the forks will be here in time, but thanks for the offer! You are riding farther to get there than me so you pick the time. See if you can round up some more people

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CADUCMAN said:
Peets Castro Valley
20439 Redwood Rd
Castro Valley CA 94546
(510) 537-0181

Ohlins said the forks will be here in time, but thanks for the offer! You are riding farther to get there than me so you pick the time. See if you can round up some more people
Does 9AM work?

·
Registered
769 Posts
+1 to what Belle said, it's no rumor ;)

Enjoy the ride, I wish I could join you two, but duty calls :angel:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts