Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just read somewhere that Ducati got together with foremost insurance to offer a more 'suitable' insurance for ducati riders. I think it said that Monsters we re-classified as standard motorcycles rather than performance bikes which would mean better rates. Does anyone around here have experience with them? Hopefully they write policies for DC...

I'll be calling them later today to find out some more info.

-C

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I believe they do offer mc insurance in DC. I can't wait until I no longer have a DC address because at this rate I will have paid more in insurance than it cost to buy my bike new within 5 years.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I called them yesterday and they quoted me HALF of what I pay for GEICO. Seems like it's worth changing to, but I haven't heard from anyone who has had to file a claim with them.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, geico had quoted $452 before the knew i had 3 speeding tix, then then quoted me $856. (all for an MD police just liability)

foremost quoted me $160 for just liability in MD after i told them about my speeding tix. with theft/vandalism $253. However in DC it went up to $906..........

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
I pay 73 a month for one bike through State Farm....and then 199 a month for my car through Progressive. ACK Stupid DC....

I am tempted to check out Foremost...except I had never heard of them til now...

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I just called them for a quote for MD. And they gave me a 260$ annual premium... Now I'm only 18 and every where else has given me 1500$ annuals. But like everyone else in this thread has said what about filing a claim does anyone know?

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they've re-classified Monsters not to be high performance bikes....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased insurance through them with full coverage, a $250 deductible, $5000 medical, and $250\$500 liability, and roadside assitance. All for $174. I also purchased and additional $3500 for coverage on aftermarket components for $8. When my insurance guy compared policies with Progressive, which he highly recommends, the only difference he saw was that the aftermarket parts coverage was additional and the roadside programe with Foremost is done through reimbursement whereas progressive pays directly and you never have to lay out money. But, progressive was $468 per year...so, I bought the Foremost policy. He did mention that both Foremost and Progressive categorized the bike the same, in his words....it is not a crotch rocket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just switched...was paying about $700/yr. for my Softail Deuce through progressive. Progressive wanted a MOUNTAIN of money for the '05 S4R I just picked up. Foremost is $696/yr. for both bikes! Easy call there....

-BunnMan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts