Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
first off, Conway was a schitzo, so I wouldnt put too much faith into what he believes to be true. When discussing symetrical geometry, in my opinion, the only truly finite example perfect symetry would be a circle. No matter how it is manipulated, it is always symetrical.
Now, try this one on for size. The elite members of Mensa are known as 6 sigma's. They are the individuals with IQ scores over 135 I believe it is. To get into Mensa you needa score of 120. Viewed over the whole spectrum of scores from idiot (75) to genius (over120) this is impressive. However if viewed in the scope of the scores above 120 only, there really is no relative difference. So these "super geniuses" are actually only advertising there lack of understanding of statistical meaning. ;D

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Here is something to get your brain working.
There is a family of four trying to cross a river. They have one canoe. The father and Mother each weigh 150# and the two kids each weigh 75#. The canoe can only hold 150 pounds at a time with out sinking. How does the family get across the river? ::)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
besides what are they doing with one canoe and four people out there in the first place that only will hold one of the adults or two
kids.....that's the real question.....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bridge found them.....it was there when they pulled up in their suv

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
ok, enough skirting the issue at hand! Answer my damn question!!!!! :p
If that one is too tough, how about which weighs more a pound of feathers or a pund of lead? Now I am not talking mass density or any thing like that. :-/

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
OK thanks for the sphere info Finger. Why are you called Finger anyway? It is always interesting to find out how people got their nickname. Did you lose a finger in an industrial accident? Do people give you the finger alot? Just curious. I had no idea what I was spewing forth about symetry and all that jazz. The Mensa thing is true though.
And Retro, good ole Retro, a PUND is the sound of my foot being inserted into your ass. A pound is what I meant to say. I have not reached that chapter in Hooked on Fonix yet.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well in that case a pounds worth of lead will be heavier than buying feathers with a pound but anyways I think you would need to exchange the pounds for usd to buy either here so what's your point?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Why are you called Finger anyway?
It is a nickname I was given by the computer crowd I used to associate with. In the earlier days FINGER was a tool used to obtain user information on UNIX based systems.

I am a geek and damned proud of it...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
people at work call me thumb. I guess cause I always have my thumb jammed up my ass. ouch!
I dont know much about UNIX or Linux or any of that jazz. More power to ya. I am working on a project for my Organizational Behavior class that dispells the rumor that all IT people are nerds with taped up glasses

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm an IT nerd by day also... wait.. scratch that.. its a 24/7 sickness..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts