1098 is here...

160bhp at the wheel
381lbs
Monobloc radial calipers
GP dashboard
supposedly $14-15k
and a partridge in a pear tree.

February delivery.
Is it only the one pic on the main page?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no. click on the banner, it takes you to a blog page, first link in the italian text gives you a new window in flash with photos, specs, etc.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
Shouldn't this be posted in No Monster Content?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Or near the bottom of the page in the center choose US & Canada and it will take you to the US ducati page where it has the section for the 1098.

Thanks gm2. That thing is schweet.

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
so did they get so pissed about the speedzilla leak they just let the cat out of the bag? I thought it wasn't supposed to premiere officially until some european bike show next week?

This revolutionary motorcycle, which makes 160 horsepower and weighs 381 pounds will carry a manufacturers suggested retail price of $14,995. The 1098 S will be priced at $19,995 while the limited edition 1098 S Tri-Colore will be $24,995.
5k markup for a different paint scheme? i sure hope it's more than that cause that's pushing R bike pricing isn't it?

also I hear rumors that the 749/middleweight is dead, anyone care to elaborate? ??? Even so, I guess I'll be able to pick up a 749 for a song in feb ;D

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
sqweak said:
so did they get so pissed about the speedzilla leak they just let the cat out of the bag? I thought it wasn't supposed to premiere officially until some european bike show next week?

5k markup for a different paint scheme? i sure hope it's more than that cause that's pushing R bike pricing isn't it?

also I hear rumors that the 749/middleweight is dead, anyone care to elaborate? ??? Even so, I guess I'll be able to pick up a 749 for a song in feb ;D
my dealership said the Tri-Colore is for a different exhaust (57mm) not sure about the color difference

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Looks much better than the GP bike IMO. The only thing I think they missed is the style of the 1098 sticker. Looks pretty cheesey.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I beg to differ. I LIKE that sticker!

-Dan

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i hate it too. but that's about the only thing i don't like about that bike.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
looks like the 999.. 30-something

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.