Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have aluminum kickstand off of my 1998 Monster. Complete with mount and spring, no switch. Great shape, taken off of bike when it had about 3500 miles. $55.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S. any questions or want better pics, let me know. Sorry for the detail of pics. I took them with my phone.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Re: For Sale Aluminum Kickstand for Monsters

Does anyone know if this would fit a 2005 Ducati Monster 1000s?

G

·

I put one of these on my 03 M800 from an older model, no problem. I also found that the S2R came with this type, much better than the steel ones, caused me a crash once.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

The aluminum ones from the older models tuck further up, better ground clearance. They use the 2 upper mount holes, steel use the 2 forward mount holes. I have seen crashed ones with the mount holes broken on the older style. Ideal would be to use all 3 mount points.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I took it off my '98 750 because after I lowered my bike (I'm 5'7'') the bike sat up too straight to be safe. If someone would've farted next to my bike, it would have fell over. I put the steel one off of my wrecked '01 750 Monster and it leaned over more than this one.
comparatively, they look the same in length, but they mount in different holes (see what troyslap wrote) and it looks more straight. Now keep in mind the two different bikes I switched them out with. This worked for me and will not guarantee that it will work for you unless you have the same said bikes. As to how worn the "pivot" is. I'm not clear on what part you are referring to. The pivot to me is where it bends. That part I can't see wearing so I'm guessing you are talking about the pad (where the ground contacts?). The bike like I stated only had around 3500 miles when I took it off. Thanks for your interest, MM

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

I measured them today from center of pivot to the inside of heel and the outside of heel. I also measured the distance from inside (Bike side) to the outmost point of the heel, as the bend is different on the 2 stands.
The aluminum is 9.5"and 10" Pivot Center to bottom. The bend is 2"
M620 steel one is 8.75" and 9.25". The bend is 4".
So the aluminum one is longer and has smaller dogleg, so the heel sits closer to the bike. This makes the aluminum one sit closer into the bike when retracted, hence the better cornering clearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.